Chapter Twenty One |♪Speculations and Family ♪|

Amapiano, one word I have refused to Google the meaning of😂💔
Previously on Black lightning ⚡🌚
I loved Black Lightning then sha ✨
Anyway, how are you guys doing?
I feel all this talk should be at the end of this chapter, not here😂😂😂
Enjoy your read ✨⚡

This chapter is dedicated to stephenikechukwu113 , for giving me so much trouble because I decided to be a good person 😭✨😂💜

                         ♪Gracious♪
Chetachi had kept her company during tryouts, and she was grateful for that.

Tryouts were bound to be boring since Lumen had ditched her and handed over the performing arts society to someone else, so she could focus more on her bakery.

"I like your hairstyle," Chetachi complimented, she gave him a small smile and took her hand from his hold as they approached the football field.

Gracious liked the feel of Chetachi's hand in hers,but she didn't like how often he did it, slipping his hand into hers or offering to do something that he knew she could do by herself.

Chetachi was free spirited and full of life,she enjoyed his company.
She stood for a minute, watching him organize the football players, and wondered if Chikamsi ever felt left out.

He seemed to be giving her more attention than anybody else these days, but she  would be lying if she said she wasn't enjoying it.

He hurried back to where she stood waiting for him.
"I have to go and coordinate the teams. I'm sorry, I'll be back when I can." He promised, she nodded and asked him to go, waving a little at him as he left her.

She let out a breath and turned around, sporting activities was definitely not her scene, she increased her steps, she wanted to get to back to her class as soon as possible.

Thin girls were everywhere, running around, jumping and basically looking good. She tried to avoid some of her classmates who were discussing in the hallway, the ones that didn't do sports or performing arts were bound to be there, jobless people in her opinion.

One of the girls that was discussing in the group stopped her.
"Gra-gra," she cooed, holding onto Gracious' arm, she cringed and shook her off.
"Mabel what do you want?" Gracious asked the over excited girl.

"We saw you and Chetachi," another girl said, joining them.
"Do you guys like, go out now?" She asked, squealing in excitement.

"Chetachi and Gracious, I don't know if the ship will even make sense o, because he's always over you and you sef you're not even trying." She complained, the second girl hushed her and asked Gracious to tell them her secret instead.

"Abi o, first James, now Chetachi. All the hot hot boys in this class are just falling for you anyhow," Mabel giggled.

Her eyebrows furrowed, people knew about her situationship with James?
She voiced out her question,
"Ehen na, even when you were still seeing Utibe after he repeated, we knew." Mabel said, twirling a loose braid with her finger.

"Chetachi and I aren't together," she said, entering the empty classroom.

Her phone beeped, a reminder that James wanted to see her.
He had sent her a message before tryouts   began, asking her to wait for him at their usual spot thirty minutes before it was over.
She packed up her things and headed out of the classroom.

———————————————————————————————————
Gracious hurried towards where James stood, when she saw him come out from a classroom.
He didn't touch her as he walked past her, he didn't even spare her a glance.