Chapter Thirty Nine |♠ Chasing Shadows ♠|

I'm supposed to write this chapter now, it's four am, but I don tire 🤌🏽😂 In case you're wondering, it's the same day I wrote and edited the last two chapters.

I'm going to bed, I'll probably write it tomorrow, or later today.

Now I can't fall asleep 😭 If I end up sleeping off in this family lounge and my mum catches me here, I'm blaming it on you guys 🤌🏽😂

Don't mind me jare, enjoy your read 💙

                    ♠ Chetachi ♠

“I think it's time to let go," Chetachi had grown to find a confidant in Tobiloba, the two boys had taken to texting and speaking over the phone, and they were currently discussing who had been on his mind for hours, Gracious.

“Why do you say that?" He asked, ignoring the banging of his sister's little fists on his door. He had gotten home earlier than usual today, because he didn't want to deal with Chanah's exuberance today, he wasn't in the mood.

“All you ever talk about is Gracious, Chetachi." He pointed out, “Do you even have your own life?" Tobiloba asked him.
The fair boy scoffed, “Of course I do, I have Chikamsi and you and-"

“Not people, a life." Tobiloba insisted. Chetachi raised an eyebrow, what did he mean by ‘a life'? These were the people that made up his life in addition to his family.

“Have you noticed that you're always running after somebody? If it's not Chikamsi you're trying to be everything for, it's Gracious.

I mean, it's good and all that, but what are your own dreams, Chetachi? Focus on that and I believe these feelings for Gracious will disappear with time." Tobiloba said.

Chetachi could almost imagine him shrugging as he finished, he made it sound so easy, too easy. The light skinned boy nodded, “I'll do that. How's your reading going?" He asked him, attempting to change the subject from what Tobiloba felt was his life, or lack of one, do something less confusing.

If he noticed Chetachi's not-so-subtle attempt at changing the subject, Tobiloba didn't say anything. “Studying has been relatively easy, I can't wait for college to resume."

“You're really lucky sha,your parents actually agreed for you to study abroad," he commented,his parents wouldn't even agree for him to leave the country until it was time for Chetachi's masters.

Tobiloba chuckled and replied, “It's God's grace. I'm not claiming to be the most righteous person on this planet, but the Bible expressly states that it will be well with those who fear the Lord."

Chetachi smiled, Tobiloba had become more open about his faith, not in a way that made him try to force everyone to be like him, but in the way a football player would ever so often talk about football or an upcoming game in his discussions.

He was no longer the shy christian boy to everyone at school, everyone wanted to find out when Tobiloba would be coming back to school, they wanted to speak with him, and yet the brown skinned boy didn't seem to notice just how important he had become.

“Which course do you hope to study in the university?" Chetachi pondered for a brief moment before answering. When he was filling the JAMB form, his parents had suggested Architecture, because of his good grades in technical drawing.

“I filled in Archi, " he answered, “On whose request?" Tobiloba persisted. Chetachi smiled smugly, they were back to this subject of him not having a life of his own.

“Mostly mine," he lied. “I'll be praying for you,"Tobiloba told him, “And remember what I said, chase dreams not people."

He sighed and sank back in his chair, what were even his dreams?

Authors Note
To write author's note don dey tire me these days🥲