Chapter Thirty|♠ Speculations and Greed♠|

The image above is a rare JPEG of Eniola, enjoy 😗✨

                       ♠ Tobiloba ♠

Chetachi nodded, taking in all the brown skinned boy was telling him. Tobiloba had requested that Reuben lead the basketball team during the Nationals, and was trying to make Chetachi see reason with him.

Some of the athletes that still hung around after tryouts, were either gathered in groups discussing, or playing games with each other.

“Those boys like rough play, " Chetachi chuckled, returning the playfully aggressive handshake one of the team members had given him as they passed by.

Tobiloba's features contorted into a frown for a minute, his smile reappearing as soon as it was gone. He realized he had been talking to himself after a while, Chetachi had zoned out.

He watched the other students from where he stood beside the light skinned boy, they all passed in groups of two's or three's, sometimes four.

Chetachi had introduced him earlier to someone from Kings Academy in Edo State, named Jasmine. She hadn't treated him like other girls did, and he had enjoyed her company.
Tobiloba's eyes searched the small arena for her.

His eyes snapped to Chetachi's direction when the other boy stood up abruptly, eyes on his phone screen.“I have to go, Chikamsi needs me."

He scoffed when Chetachi hurried off without a reply.

“Typical, just me, myself and everybody else who seems to be having a much better time than me."

He let out a breath and decided to talk to God, it was therapeutic for him, and today had been a hectic day.

“Thank you Lord for the opportunity to represent my school in this competition,and that I-" the boys right next to him interrupted his prayer, with their laughter and discussion in the groups they were huddled in.

Tobiloba blocked them out, and continued his prayer. “They have each other, so what? I have God. I'm fine."

Tobiloba noticed the groups dispersing, people were moving towards the female hostel. He followed them, wondering what was going on.

A black tinted Toyota Hilux, drove off when he arrived, with Eniola and a few other students in the back seat.

                     ♠ Chikamsi ♠

“What did you do?" she screamed, her voice breaking. Eniola stood unmoving, Chetachi broke into a run when he saw them, pulling her into a hug.

“We need to take your friend here for questioning." The plain clothed man informed Chikamsi, reaching for Eniola who stood behind her.

The dark skinned girl stared at him, her jaw ticked when his fingers touched her body.
Chikamsi pushed Eniola backwards slowly, “Leave my freaking better half alone!" The man took a step back and turned to Mr Edikan.

“Eniola is our student, and I am responsible for her for the duration of this competition, what do you want her to follow you for?" Mr Edikan asked him, Chetachi moved towards Chikamsi, effectively blocking Eniola from the other man's reach.

She turned to make sure Eniola was okay, touching her face and watching the other girl's features soften.

“Did you do anything? Why does this man want to see you?" Chetachi asked, turning to face the duo.
Chikamsi watched Eniola's lower lip tremble, and her heart beat faster. What had Eniola done?

“I don't want to go to jail,I heard it's life imprisonment," she whispered. Chikamsi's heart broke, Chetachi sighed beside her, and asked the darker girl, “What have you done, Eniola?"

“Miss Omonigho and the Sports captain, leave that girl alone. This man will take her away, He's from the NDLEA."

—————————————————————————————————————————————

She stood by, sobbing silently while the female teacher that had come with their school went through her luggage, scattering Chikamsi's clothes and hair pieces on the floor.

Outside this room, all was quiet. Students had returned to their various rooms.

Chikamsi wanted to scream,she wanted to wake them up and inform them that Eniola was no longer around, whatever friends she made were supposed to be here with her, crying.

“She's clean," the voice of affirmation came, Chikamsi packed her things back into the duffel bag silently, and watched her move on to the next person's bag.

She threw on a pink robe over the multicolored shorts and t shirt she wore, and went downstairs, ignoring the looks from her class girls in the lobby.

Only students who had been found clean were asked to leave the rooms, so anyone who had anything on them would not have the chance to pass it to the clean students, asking them to hide it while they were searched.

The lights in the reception area were on, giving the room a golden glow. Chikamsi glanced both ways before stepping out of the reception, and into the night.

She noticed a large number of her class boys hanging around the fountain that was in the middle of the compound, Tobiloba was among them.

“A search was also conducted for you guys?" She asked him, as she approached where he stood. Tobiloba nodded, and stayed silent before her.

“Did you hear what Eniola fighter has done?" Someone said, piquing Chikamsi's interest. She stayed silent, listening in on their conversation.

“I heard somebody died, her and her parents killed somebody with drugs."

“-one person abi five teenagers? "

“Me I don't know how many sha, I know that someone died, and there were drugs involved"

“-It was a gang robbery Eniola was involved in, she did not kill anybody."

Chikamsi blocked them out, anything that wasn't from Eniola or Mr Edikan's mouth were nothing but rumours in her opinion.

She looked through the group for Chetachi, wondering where he was.

“Your best friend hasn't been searched yet, stop acting so needy." Tobiloba said, his expression remorseful once the words came out.

“What is wrong with you?" Chikamsi asked, cutting Tobiloba off when he tried to apologize, and walked away.

                        Authors Note
Arghh!!
*Screams in Swahili*
God is good 😗

For non-Nigerian readers, The NDLEA is the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency in Nigeria. They deal with drug related crimes.

What have these children done?🥲What did Eniola do again?🤌🏽🥲
Please, someone should tell me what is going on, because I cannot can🥲

I hope to update the next few chapters soonest, pray for grace for me!🥲

Please vote, comment and share.
Enjoy the rest of your evening duhlings 🥲