Chapter Four|♠Father Figure 2♠|

Dedicated to Ifebodee__
Our Mummy network 🌚🖤💙
                          ♥ Chikamsi ♥
“Kamsi nno, welcome" her father greeted sweating profusely in the living room.

Shock evident on her face for a minute as she took in the scene before her.

His leg was bouncing, his left leg as he bent down making weird hand gestures.

The smile on his face confirmed to her that he wasn't in pain, but that didn't explain why he was like that.

She slapped her forehead hard and smiled, realization dawned on her.
Her father was dancing.

Chikamsi's father loved dance, he loved  movement and having a beer belly didn't stop him from doing just that.

His toothy grin made her laugh as he shifted position and continued his dance, the one legge dance, showing off his teeth as he danced to the beat in his head.

“Daddy, Kedu ?" she asked settling down in her favorite chair, a beanbag that lay in a corner of the living room.

Her father had insisted that he wanted his home, no matter how big to be as homely as  possible.

Against her mother's will, he had bought a few bean bags during the interior decoration for the house.

They had come in handy eventually, those bean bags.

A lot of her photo shoots had been done on them and that was where she had first started out.

Her father looked at her fondly.
He had always been her support system, this man.

He had always believed in her career yet  urged her to go to school, get a degree and do have something to

He settled down beside her, and picked up his phone.

"Babe food is ready" Mrs Benjamin called walking into the living room with a tray of pounded yam and Ofe Nsala for her husband.

Chikamsi's stomach grumbled, reminding her that she hadn't eaten all day.

“Good evening ma" she greeted bending slightly,  she faltered  a bit, as she stayed in her almost kneeling position waiting for the older woman to reply.

“Ehen, Chikamsi welcome. Kedu?" She asked.  Chikamsi nodded, and made to collect the tray from her, offering to serve her father instead.

Mrs Omonigho shook her head, side stepped her and walked towards her husband.

“Don't worry, go upstairs and freshen up, then come down for your meal. Your report card from last term has arrived." Mrs Omonigho said while serving her husband.

She stood transfixed to a spot as it hit her.

Her mother's words were the last thing she wanted to hear right now, her school never sent hardcopies of their results, unless it came with a letter from the school management,she had double checked it earlier today.

Chikamsi choked on air at the thought of her parents seeing those grades, she was dead.

“kamsi are you not going to shower?" Her father asked, she  slowly nodded and  went up  stairs.

After taking a shower and putting on a white cotton dress, she twirled this way and that infront of her mirror.

Her father had bought her this mirror two years ago, when she had first announced that she wanted to be an Influencer.

He had bought the vanity mirror, fixed light bulbs for her which he had instructed her to always put off whenever they weren't in use, and had given her his blessings.