Little Blue

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

It's been two more days.

Stuck at this house by myself. I've held back from taking myself to the hospital and have actually been trying to take Draco's advice with resting a bit more.

I hated it.

With each second I lie on the bed or sat on the couch, I felt more and more useless. Rattling about in this big house for all hours of the day until he gets home, was absolute torture.

Right now I sat outside. It was a beautiful sunny day and I couldn't do much except sit on the porch and watch the grass grow.

I'm driving myself crazy.

Sipping on a pipping hot tea that I'd just made myself, I had only managed to sit back in the chair for a second before my phone started to ring.

I looked to my left on the small table and saw it was Kehlani. I was confused since she was supposed to be a work right now but nonetheless, I put down my tea and picked up.

"Hey" I said softly.

"Hey, mama. How ya feeling?" She said, sounding just as energised.

"I'm ok. Driving myself bat shit crazy sitting around this house all day with nothing to do" I chuckled lightly, looking down at my nails and starting to pick at the sides.

"I've gotten off work early" she said "Do you wanna do anything? I don't like the sound of going back home since Albus is still at the ministry"

"Uh-" I stood up from the chair I was sitting in "That is a great idea. I've been in this house way too long"

"Alright, be ready. I'll be over in 10" She SAUD and then a second later, the line hung up.

I pulled the phone from my ear and for the first time since Draco left this morning, there was a smile on my face.

I was already dressed and ready for the day so I'll I had to do was wait until she got here.

It's been 15 minutes and just as I was about to call Kehlani and ask where she was, my front door slams open and her voice is the first thing I hear.

"Anna!" She sings out. The front door was right next to the living room so all I had to do was turn around in my seat.

"I'm right here, Lani" I said. She turned around and once she spotted me, she smiled and walked towards me.

"I'm late, I know" she huffed, leaning herself on the back on the couch "Albus called me just after you about some shit at work but I'm here and ready to go"

"Oh, anything serious?" I asked as I stood up to face her fully.

"No, no" she shook off "Don't worry about it. Now, I've gotta go get Nevaeh a new broom coz some jerkoff snapped hers during a game so I guess we're going to Diagon Alley for a bit"

"Fine by me" I laughed and leant down to grab my coat "I've been stuck at this house for 2 days straight. As along as I step foot off the property, I'll be ok"

"Right" she smiled and held her arm as I walked towards her.

A second later we landed in the busy street of Diagon Alley. It's been a while since I was here and nothing has changed a bit. I've been so busy for the past few months and with everything going on, I've never had the time to just go shopping by myself or with anyone.

"Ok, I'm gonna go look for a broom first of all so you can either come or make yourself scarce until then" Kehlani said as she looked over the crowd of strangers.