Chapter 15

It looked like it worked, - Wanda thought as she looked out for Milla, who was resting on her bed. About 10 seconds before the girl starts to drift to her psychedelic state, Wanda pulls the comforting moments she found floating aimlessly from the submerged parts of the child's mind, her deed causes Milla to have a good, undisturbed sleep up till morning.

"So baking muffins and foraging mushrooms," Mortianna said as she smoked her cigarette. She pulls the box from her pocket.

"No, I don't smoke," Wanda said politely, detecting what the woman was about to do.

"Come on, you're 33 years old! Try one!" Mortianna urged.

"Knock it off, Mortianna," Vasilisa, the older-twin sister of the pair, said.

Wanda could hear the guttural Sokovian accent emerging from the woman's voice. Mortianna grumbled something under her breath and puffs-out the cigarette smoke from her mouth.

"Yes," Wanda replied to the topic of their conversation.

"She has some kind of memory loss... There's also this hazy white static covering her thoughts. It's like a wall," Wanda said, explaining her dive toward Milla's head.

"What do you think it could be?" Vasilisa said.

"Tsk! Tsk!" Mortianna tuts-over in disapproval as Vasilisa steals her cigarette to take a smoke as well.

The twins look at Wanda, the Original Wanda Maximoff whom their little sister is a variant of. They knew about this mysterious woman's set of circumstances, they spent their years inside the universe they're living in searching & digging for answers about this woman who has been heralded as the Scarlet Witch - They never even thought that they would stumble across the actual person herself! They knew she'd weathered a lot just like them.

"You know being an older sibling of someone whose abilities are beyond unexplainable is tough enough. Can't imagine being an actual parent of one... Even though you're not her real mom," Mortianna said.

Wanda smiled a little. It's been ages since she last vent-out her thoughts to someone. She had no one to talk to, she was alone.

"Don't worry, you'll find out the answers you're looking for one day," Vasilisa said, patting Wanda on the shoulder.

"It feels like she's here, doesn't it?" - Vasilisa communicates with Mortianna (telepathically).

"Similar problems... If baby sis became a mom," Mortianna answered (telepathically).

"Yeah, you'll make a terrible aunt! Offering cigarettes to the original version of your sister! Are you out of your mind!" Vasilisa answered (telepathically).

"Wanda's a fucking adult, you dork!" Mortianna answered back (telepathically).

Wanda smiled quietly pretending not to hear the duo's non-visual discussion. Although she wasn't sure if she could actually hear them or if the twin sisters are purposefully making her eavesdrop. Either way, it's amusing.

"Well, that's very thoughtful of you to bring those memories back. It could help her cope," Vasilisa replied to the topic.

"Yeah," Mortianna agreed, puffing out some fumes.

"Besides, she's growing. As she ages, so are her abilities," Mortianna added. Vasilisa nodded.

"She needs your guidance," Vasilisa said to Wanda.

Wanda agreed. Without a doubt, she could aid and fortify a girl with metaphysical abilities as her little apprentice. But when it comes to the parental aspect it quite bothers her if she could be a 'good parent'. She was so obsessed with the idea of ramming her way in, to be a guardian to the point of being slapped in the face with the consequence of her actions.