Chapter 30

A large schism opens ahead as it rips the scene of a quiet, beautiful beach surrounding her. The pitch-black schism spreads infield with a low sinister growl. The dark void is sparkled by glowing red stars that erupt aggressively as if their shine appears to grasp her reach like dead souls reaching out from hell. Wanda coolly enters instead of waiting for it to engulf the beach world completely. The mirror image of a woman raised an eyebrow at her actions. "Confident much?" She snarled. "Not at all," Wanda replies as she walks towards the familiar throne room of the Wundagore castle, her heeled boots clicking in the process. Out of nowhere chains made of dark-red energy wrapped Wanda's hands startling her in the process. "You think it would be that easy?" The mirror image chuckled maliciously. She hurls her first punch. Her closed fist landed directly on Wanda's cheek. The redhead remained her posterior and stayed firm as the mirror image landed another firm punch to the right side of her face. Wanda didn't fight back as quiet tears started flowing from her cheek, it wasn't from physical pain but from mental one. After staying inside her prison in the unpredictable world of the Unbound she comes to realize that most of her captors are embodiments you could not fight back. Its inhabitants are anthropomorphic beings of natural forces. There is no fighting them physically hence why she's not fighting back this time because there's no use for it. With a loud thud, Wanda landed on the ground, her body battered, her cheeks stinging, her arms aching since she was using them as a shield, and her legs wobbling as she tried to stand up. She has to stand up. She has to face who this is. What is it trying to manifest from within her subconscious?

First, there were her lost happy memories, then there was vulnerability who she once thought of as a weakness, who is the last one her mind is still desperately trying to conjure as if urging her to just vomit it out? Let it go? What have I done, the bombing at Lagos. I'm so sorry, I'll fix it! I'll fix everything! the Westview Anomaly. Know that they'll be loved... She opens her eyes to meet the parallel eyes of her brown-haired variant. The woman grazed her fingertips to her chin urging them to look at her. The variant let out a small smile as she quietly consoled her. What is the one thing her variant did that she couldn't do herself? Forgive. Wanda (Scarlet Witch) forces herself to stand up once more, trembling. "Ugh." The redhead struggled and her body hurt too much. "Give up?" The mirror image smirked. This wasn't a doppelganger created by the remnants of the Darkhold as Milla has already destroyed her. This one is conjured by her own mind: Guilt. Wanda relaxes as she pacifies her ragged breathing. The mirror image readies her powers to give Wanda one last blow that could potentially kill her. The mirror image hurls a massive ball of chaos energy toward Wanda; it's as enormous as the Westview Anomaly. Wanda remained where she was as the comet of chaos energy furiously aimed at her. This time she's not afraid to face her enemy. Herself.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me..." Wanda said as she closed her eyes and let the chaos submerge her body. It pierces right through her body as if she's a portal. The chaos energy continues to flow in the darkness till it reaches a loophole inside the Multiverse and enters Westview. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiisss... - The same chaotic energy flies through each and every individual residing in Westview as it swallows all the negative energy Wanda has left in them: Your grief is poisoning us! Please let us go! You've locked our children! You are a monster!

Hiiiiiiisss! - The energy then demolishes the foundations of the house Wanda has conjured through her powers during her stay there. To Grow Old In. V. The paper where the house plan is also incinerated to shreds. Wanda shed her tears one last time. Hiiiiiissss - It went to the S.W.O.R.D. Headquarters where her file was erased. When the chaotic energy finally dissipates everything went back to normal as if nothing occurred. She's completely eradicated from everyone. No clue that she even went there. Or even existed. Westview is back to its original slate.

~~~

Where Am I? Wanda opened her eyes. She looked at her surroundings. Her eyes watered as she realized where she was. She's back on Earth-222. She glances at herself and she's back in her Scarlet Witch attire, the new one with gold accents in them. The coastal town now city still remained the same where she left it with additional skyscrapers and nature-friendly architecture suggesting that she has been gone for a while but for how long?! She flew towards the beach house where she last left, hoping that Vasilisa and Mortianna Maximoff, her older twin sisters, were there. But found none. Not even Milla.

The exterior and the interior of the beach house looked entirely different

The exterior and the interior of the beach house looked entirely different. More modern like the coastal area. Wanda's eyes scans the picture frames: there are photos of her and Milla during their days at the cabin and at the Abbey. The Alehouse with the other variants, Natasha (Black Widow variant), Liseth (Hela variant), and Raven (Agatha Harkness variant). And then picture frames of Milla as her life went by without her: Milla manages to witness the construction of the city. Promoted as the youngest master brewer in the history of the coastal and forest sector of the city. Won numerous beer brewing competitions. Instead of homeschooling, Vasilisa and Mortianna enrolled her in an actual school where she became popular because of her saving the people from Mephisto (alongside her of course) and locking the demon up. She has pretty high grades which doesn't surprise her since she knew that Milla is as academically intelligent as her father. Wanda smiled at the thought of Vision being proud of their baby girl. A frame where Milla won an award for a combat competition with Natasha (the Brown Widow) as her coach beside her. Another photo of Milla riding Lizeth's motorbike while in the background shows Lizeth's frustrated face as the girl stole her bike. What caught her attention the most is the photo of Milla with Billy and Tommy whom she appears to frequently visit. Over all her variant seemed to guide all 3 of her children together. Then there's a solo photo of Milla herself sitting in the sand while reading a book, she appeared casual
and relaxed just like when she first met her.

"Welcome home."

Wanda looked behind and caught the bright blue orbs of her daughter.