Chapter 45

The gravitational force created by the portal pulled both of them in. The air around is hot as their surroundings shimmer and distort endlessly. Streaks of light shoot past both of them like shooting stars crashing on a collision course with one another. Both of their bodies are being stretched like a rubber bands as if being pulled through a narrow tunnel at breakneck speed. Milla could see flashes of color and light all around them. She could not feel her own body but her consciousness is surprisingly well-intact. A deafening roar like the sound of a thousand thunder laps all at once. A flash of bright light envelops her sight till it vanishes.

Earth-222 - Past

Wanda landed first scanning her surroundings. Even though she's in the past she could recognize the place they landed on it was the same spot she settled foot on 99 years later when she first arrives on Earth-(222). Her legs wobbled a bit when she tries to stand up. Putting a supported hand on the ground she tries to stand up again. If she still had the Darkhold it would have been easier to travel. No. That would have been worst. She thought. The redhead walked towards Milla who was still lying on the ground.

“Atta girl,” Wanda cooed as she helped the teen to roll over carefully. Milla groaned from pain. This is her first time cometing back to the ground since her landing 99 years later. Milla lean on her hands & knees as she vomited on the ground. “It's ok, let it out. Shh,” Wanda coos softly, rubbing the teen's back.

Milla heaved one last time as she recovered from the dizziness. “Are we-

“Yes,” Wanda finishes as if reading the teen's mind. She examines the natural terrain. “Back where we came from but from nearly a hundred years ago.”

“What do we do now?” Milla said, the gash from her head healing instantly to leave a thin scar.

“We'll build shelter,” Wanda said. “Surely the first variants would try to get to the nearest water source in our case since we're in the woods we'll be by the lake.”

“just like our old wood cabin,” Milla smiled. Wanda looked at the teen. The wood cabin. That's why it was there! It was she and Milla who made the cabin that they will seek refuge in a hundred years later!

Wanda created a clearing for the cabin with a wave of a hand she commanded forth vines & branches from nearby trees, bending & twisting them into the frame of the shelter. Milla followed suit as she shapes the wood into the desired form adding details & intricate carvings

Together they worked tirelessly, shaping & manipulating the natural resources around them to create a beautiful yet sturdy structure; from the placement of the windows to the slope of the roof. As the cabin took shape, Wanda and her daughter added the finishing touches, using their powers to create furniture and decor. A wooden table and chairs appeared in the dining room, a cozy couch in the living room, and a soft bed in each of the bedrooms. 

Two things that make Earth-(222) distinct: water and ice. Icy nights even in summer & spring. It's around 6 pm and a thin layer of frost starts to form on the edge of the roof, making it look like it had been built amid a tundra. In the living room, a large fireplace was built with a stone hearth, and a bearskin rug was laid out on the floor. The bedrooms were cozy and warm, with thick furs covering the beds and intricately woven blankets draped over the walls. The windows were adorned with thick, woolen curtains, and a warm glow emanated from the lanterns that hung from the ceiling.