Chapter 25

In the darkness of the nether landed the Scarlet Witch. The woman could perceive the extreme heat of the flames of Hell but when she looked around the fires were flickering but they were invisible: instead of bright reds-and-yellow sparks, her life's memories were shown in the blaze. The Hell dimension is an enormous dark cave with stalagmites and stalactites as well as hollowed wells of ponds and lakes filled with lava instead of water.

She doesn't mind seeing her past visions anymore as the original Agatha Harkness "re-traumatizes" her by showing those memories during the events of the Westview Anomaly. Seeing them again sort of anesthetized the woman from being distracted, the Scarlet Witch ignores the visions and instead focuses on one memory from the firelocks that is not hers.

The Scarlet Witch's heeled boots clicked as she walked closer to the image: it's the image of her variant, Wanda Maximovich, and her husband Victor Vision in a doctor's office. The brown-haired woman's eyes have been red from bawling her eyes out while her husband comforts her.

"I am so sorry, Ma'am. But with three miscarriages, there is no guarantee that you could bore children..." Said the female doctor sadly, the professional has dealt with these kinds of situations before and no matter how long she'd been working in prenatal medicine; news like this is hard to announce for couples who desire to have children - especially for a woman yearning to have a child.

There is a procedure that could fix things but it would be grave for the Sokovian woman's life, despite her desperation, Victor Vision is not having any of it he knows it's going to be too risky. The married couple tried to hide the tragedy from everyone but no matter what they do the prying eyes and ears of the rich Maximovich family in the city have gotten hold of the terrible news.

"Hahahahahaha I told you my daughter is stupid! She expects that that 'scrap metal' is going to give her kids!" Marya Maximovich laughs while gambling and smoking with her friends.

"I think you've mistaken the context, my dear. It's Wanda who couldn't bear children. I mean three miscarriages? That's horrible," Said one of the older woman's friends who at least has a sense of empathy in contrast to Madame Maximovich's steely predisposition.

Refusing to accept any humiliation from the scene's change of atmosphere, the older woman retorted, "Eh! My daughter's choices affect her own life! That's on her! I told her that she could adopt though!" She said, masking her detachment.

Her fellow affluent friend looks at Marya Maximovich. She knew that that last part was a pitiful lie to cover herself, it's not a secret that she and her daughter had always had trouble handling their differences, both in work and personal relations.

'Could this bitch have at least a tiny amount of humanity to her child? No wonder why the younger Maximovich has distanced herself from her!' The friend thought as she shifts a card on the table.
___

"Wanda, be good," Victor Vision said then he kisses his wife's cheek before going to work. The blonde cyborg man has accepted the fact that they wouldn't have children and that's ok with him. He's willing to live his life childless as long as he grew old with Wanda on his side, then he could live with it.

"See you later, darling!" Victor Vision said then he drove to work.

"See you later," Wanda said. Her unperturbed behavior was unexpected since the woman has been depressed from trying and trying to get pregnant but to no avail. The woman's serenity is indeed unnerving that even their neighbors were crept by it.

Wanda Maximoff watches as her variant went behind their house and begins to shovel a patch of grass from the ground. After digging 3 feet deep, the variant pulls out an object that Maximoff never wishes to see again - it's a copy of the Darkhold.