Chapter 20

Wanda Maximoff's (original) consciousness once again dives into that futuristic city-reality that she visited the other day. This time it appears that her variant is at a restaurant waiting for someone.

"Hey!" A blonde man approaches her table.

Wanda Maximovich (dark-haired, variant) looked at the sight of a tall, physically attractive yet shy and reserved man. Her friend, Monica has recommended this guy to be her blind date.

The dark-haired Sokovian variant could reckon that the man is hesitant as if conscious of his image which the variant understood, she could distinguish the cybernetic arms underneath his suit. Even in the futuristic reality, discrimination against the non-human / half-human race is still clear. 

"Are you Wanda Maximovich?" Victor Vision (cyborg-man variant) said.

"Yes, I am," Wanda Maximovich looked at him through her glasses and smiled.

The man smiled back humbly and sat in front of the woman. Maximovich doesn't use mind-reading on first dates because she doesn't want to pry into the person's thoughts illicitly as it would ruin the mood. But that doesn't mean she could not sense people's natural aura; some are malicious and some are affectionate. 

This man is one of the latter. 

"And you're Victor Vision?" Wanda Maximovich replied. The man fidgets nervously. The woman smiled as she noticed the man's crimsoning expression. 

"It's ok, - (she didn't hesitate to gently stroke the man's iron hand) - I understand that first dates can be really scary. But it's alright, we could take things slow," Wanda Maximovich said as she coaxed him to calm down.

Victor Vision (cyborg-man variant) started to relax. Despite popular belief, his synthezoid-modelled arms are designed to align with his consciousness hence the reason why the man could haptically feel how warm and soft the woman's hand is against his own. 

"Really? I mean yeah! I'm Victor Vision," Victor Vision said, he seemed hopeful.

"Your surname is Vision?" W. Maximovich said.

"No, my entire name is Victor Vision," Victor Vision answered.

"Oh, I see," W. Maximovich said.

They are still named like objects... - Maximovich thought. She could imagine that the man's real name is the latter then he just added the first one up front as a "cover". Unlike other half-human citizens, this man could hide it physically well unless he rolls his sleeves to reveal his ferrous arms.

She knew that he doesn't want anyone to know, as the man had been slyly looking around human restaurant guests despite being an interesting person to spend time with. Victor Vision's charm is demure but intriguingly passionate.

The cyborg-man had been serenading her with her native Sokovian tales and folklores. As well as his interest in science. Maximovich doesn't usually give in to such affections. But seeing how genuine he is.

I guess there's nothing wrong if I lean to this one, - Maximovich thought.

After finishing their supper, Victor Vision drove Maximovich to her home.

"Thank you so much, I really enjoyed our date. Perhaps I should call you Victor instead to make things short. If you don't mind of course," W. Maximovich smiled.

The woman knew that the cyborg man would secretly prefer to have his first name announced than the second one.

"Yes, of course. Ms. Maximovich," Victor Vision replied.