Chapter 40

Tea House / City Botanical Gardens

"What the hell happened?!" Wanda said as the door bursts open inside the private quarters of the tea shop where the botanical gardens are. The tea house is currently infiltrated by the variants in the realm as well as the witches tending both Milla and Vincent in their infirmary. despite being defeated by the redhead in a beer brawl, Terence held no grudges and carried Vincent toward the witches.

"Even my mother has never seen something like it!" Terence exclaimed. mortianna maximoff raised an eyebrow. but then again, he's from a different world, chaos magic may have been unknown. Her attention went back to both Milla and Vincent's sleeping forms. Father and daughter reunited- Mortianna thought.

Vasilisa is tending to both at the moment. Vincent is calm and well, still asleep. Milla has awoken but is still terrified and trembling.

Milla eyed the plants and herbs in front of her. Vasilisa smiled at the teen, "You're alright. We just have to calm those nerves of yours." she
said in a soothing tone. "I know that you're not much of a tea drinker but I know that you will like this," She said.

Milla did not say anything as she observes what Vasilisa is doing

Milla did not say anything as she observes what Vasilisa is doing. Perhaps this is one of the perks of
being an ex-brewster and a Sokovian witch in general, is the vast knowledge of plant blends. Strangers thought that she and Mortianna are your typical city people they are amazed to witness that they do have some ethnic quirks in them. Vasilisa starts making her fruit-and-spice blend.

"Hmm... Let's start with orange," Vasilisa said. One scoop of dry orange pieces levitated towards her wooden bowl. "That's enough. We don't want it to be too strong." She said.

One slice of dry apple were added. Vasilisa grinds one stick of cinnamon in a wooden mortar & pestle. "Blueberries for some tartness," Vasilisa said. Tiny spoonful of dry blueberries lifted by themselves and into her bowl.

Milla just stares at her quietly. "Hmm...   I believe we could add something more... I could try cocoa. Or maybe Goji berries. Or ginger," Vasilisa thought. The woman looks at Milla. She smiled when she saw where Milla's gaze was. She's looking at those familiar dark-brown beans that Vasilisa knew the teen loved. "However, I'm going to choose vanilla." She said to uplift the will o’ the wisps!

Without using her powers, Vasilisa picks one vanilla bean from a wooden bowl. She pulled out a scissor and starts cutting them, "Just a few bits. One... Two... Three... Four... And five," She counted and returns the excess bean to the bowl. She mixes all the dry plants and spices and then puts them inside a glass infuser with hot/warm water to let them settle into a tea for 10 minutes. 

"Here you go, drink well," Vasilisa said as she helped Milla drink the tea:  The blueberries were unfortunately not present at all but it indeed put a bit of tartness in the tea. The dominant smell is apple. There's the taste of vanilla, and cinnamon of course... There is enough apple... Perhaps more orange next time. Its definitely sweet so it won't require any honey or sugar. And cocoa! Yes, cocoa add the cocoa next time!