Chapter 34

Earth-838

Wanda (838) went to close her windows sealing them shut. It wasn't unusual for her to sleep late. She had always had trouble sleeping, keeping her eyes closed for she would be plagued by those horrifying nightmares. At first, she thought that it was just a bad case of insomnia just like what her therapist just stated. Till she finally faces her in a reflection. She could still visualize the way she (Scarlet Witch) possessed her, grasping her entire mind till she submits to what she wanted. Wanda-838 gazes at the kitchen after hearing some stirring coming from the kitchen, when the brunette went to the source of the sound she saw a familiar redhead sitting silently at her dining table. Seeing how the redhead fidgets; playing with her fingers the brunette made the first move. "Your back," Wanda (838) smiled. The redhead stares at her as if analyzing if the variant's smile is genuine or acted. Wanda (838) gave the impression that she was pleased to see her again. Despite what happened… "How long have you been at Milla's?" Wanda (838) asked. "About a week now," Wanda (Scarlet Witch) replied. They were filled with uncomfortable silence once more. They've never really met properly. "I am so sorry," Wanda (Scarlet Witch) said. The brunette looked at her shocked but then composed herself once more much to the redhead's astonishment. "I forgive you," Wanda (838) said. The brunette clasps the redhead's hands, rubbing them warmly. "I could have killed you if I wanted to…" Wanda (838) said. The variant sounded serene but there was a pointed bite in her words, the redhead detected that. The brunette then gazes back at the redhead, "But that is not me. That is not me." Wanda (838) continued referring to both of themselves. "I was dreaming of your life while you were likely dreaming of mine," Wanda (838) said. She doesn't know the Darkhold.
The brunette has no idea about the multiverse, she only found that out when she got possessed. The redhead realizes that that was the truth, if she was dreaming of the brunette's life then she would have seen what's going on with hers.

The redhead nodded. The brunette offered her some coffee then they talked briefly about their lives. The brunette lent her a share about her side of what went on during her (Scarlet Witch) absence while the redhead told her about the imprisonment; she told her everything in detail. The details she downgraded a bit for Milla. "What about the boys?" Wanda (Scarlet Witch) asked, "Any ‘significant others?’" The brunette chuckled, "Billy has a crush on this boy while Tommy is pursuing a girl who cringes at his antics," Wanda (838) smiled. The brunette also told the redhead about how Billy has been excelling in academics while Tommy has won a track-and-field event without using his abilities. The redhead intently listened, absorbing anything about the boys. The redhead also smiled, "What about Milla does she have anyone?" Wanda (838) shook her head, "No, she wasn't interested. I think she wanted to be a writer," The brunette said, "Endless reading about any topic she could find at the library. She has this coffee-table book gig. I'm not really interested in those kinds of books. I think it's too ‘pretentious’ but she made it interesting for everyone to read instead of just stacking them up on display," "I agree," Wanda (Scarlet Witch) replied.

"Have you read the Sokovian one she made?" Wanda (838) said, referring to one of Milla's printed C-T-books. The redhead nodded, "Yes, our country has a rich culture of witches that is often overlooked. It's good that it's being recognized through Milla's work." The brunette nodded, "I can't even recall them…" Wanda (838) sighed. The redhead looks at her variant. "I feel like tons of therapy from the war had erased those," The brunette frowned. "The boys asked about my childhood. I can't even speak to them," The redhead put her cuppa down on the table."It's not always terrible… There are good ones before the war, before the chaos…" Wanda (Scarlet Witch) said. The brunette stares at her. "I managed to regain those happier memories while in prison," The redhead said. "Can I have them?" The brunette said she wanted to share with the boys something good about her backstory. Wanda (Scarlet Witch) hesitated for a moment before raising her hand hovering them to Wanda's (838) temple. The redhead was hoping that she wouldn't open the brunette's fears. Noticing her demeanor, the brunette variant held the redhead's hand guiding it. "I trust you," Wanda (838) said. Wanda (Scarlet Witch) nodded as she manifested the visions to the variant's thoughts. Her hand glowed bright and fiery at first then mellowing down to soft red: Wanda (Scarlet Witch) showed Wanda (838) about the Sokovian witches. Grandmother Maximoff and the younger version of herself; the rituals that help tourists; the kitchen witchery with pomades and pastries, of ice cream, of spiced mugs of Sokohlua and Sokotorte cakes. The colorful festivities of Sokovia before the war destroyed them. (Chapter 28) - They both opened their eyes when the virtual images vanished. Wanda (838) tries recalling them over and over inside her head even though the redhead just showed them minutes ago. "Thank you," Wanda (838) said, she felt complete. "Thank you," The brunette said again as she hugged the redhead tightly. Wanda (838) buries her neck on the redhead's neck; she smelled of sea breeze and coffee grounds suggesting Earth-222 (Milla's world) and the job the redhead has been taking so far. When they parted. They looked at each other for a moment. The brunette inches her face closer as she kissed the redhead. It didn't feel awkward at all. It felt natural, like a twin being affectionate to the other half. "Thank you as well," Wanda (Scarlet Witch) said. The brunette nodded. "It's time for me to go and thank you for the chat," The redhead said. The brunette smiled, "Anytime," 

Maximoff Beach House

Wanda (Scarlet Witch) opens her eyes as she smells the aromas of bacon, bread, and egg omelets in the kitchen as well as the sound of the waves near the beach house. The redhead looks at the clock: six in the morning. She did not stand up as she stared at the ceiling.

Well, that's an interesting encounter