Chapter 41

Illuminati Headquarters

Superior Iron Man looks around as he goes to their headquarters at least what is left at his and his teammates' base. The decapitated android guards and their spillage of oil, tubes, and wires spilled everywhere. "Oh my God..." the armored man muttered. He wasn't there to witness the judicial proceedings for Stephen Strange. He was sent somewhere by Professor Xavier for a mission. When he comes back, all he sees is the aftermath of such, he could imagine a gruesome event. "Sir, that's all of them," Said one of the guards.

Superior Iron Man let out a heavy breath as he stared down at the spaghettified remains of Reed Richards and the corpse of Professor Xavier, whose head twisted at an awkward angle. His face showed no emotion. He already had the idea that captives should be put in draconian methods such as that girl who could absorb copious amounts of dimensional energy and utilize them as well.

"Sir Stark, the prisoner has also escaped." Called another guard motioning at a prison cell. Despite multiple modifications to make sure that the machine would inflict the most effective method of psycho-electrocution, the prisoner still escapes. It appears that the girl has bombarded the area with such enormous force it melted even her vibranium shackles and the helmet on her head. Superior Iron Man touches the screen of the shattered monitor nearby: Milla Maximovich.

"What about Wanda Maximoff," He said. It was his idea to terminate as many of her variants as possible so they could stick only to one: the Original herself.

He lifted the cloth that covers the corpses of Captain Marvel (Maria Rambeau), the halves of Captain Peggy Carter, and the mush that is Black Bolt's head.

"Her whereabouts are still unidentified, Sir." Said the guard. Superior Iron Man sneered when he heard that, "You can't hide forever..." He said through gritted teeth.

Fast Forward:

Residual Energy Detected- Spoke the A.I. in his suit as he propels his gauntlet and boots to full blast. He is getting close and he knows it. The holographic screen showed images of red-psionic trails swirling across the multiverse, these were trails of the Scarlet Witch during her last pursuit of America Chavez. Superior Iron Man passes numerous Earth realities till his hologram beeps a signal -Radiation Detected, Possible Target Found. He snickered.

Prepare for landing Earth Number 222- The iron suit's artificial intelligence speaks once more. "Armor! prepare for impact!" Superior Iron Man commanded. His iron suit shifted its gears into a tougher material and design while powering its rockets into Earth-222.

The surface of the atmosphere above Earth-222 starts to sizzle-&-crackle into streaks of ocean-blue lightning as if something is trying to break through. Everyone moves to a halt, looking above them as to what is happening. When the atmosphere pierces open it revealed a man in a marble-white, high-tech iron armor, complete with fiery gauntlets in both his armored palms and iron boots. His entire body is protected and covered by his brigantine except for his face, revealing his identity.

The man's suit started to talk automatically in a robotic voice: "High levels of unidentified radiation within the planet. (the scan detected Wanda and Milla) Source identified."

The man looked at the variants, his A.I. Speaks again: "Target Locked: Variants Detected."

Milla speaks, "Who is he?"

Wanda did not bat an eye as she stared intently at her foe, "Tony Stark's variant..." Her green eyes also locked on her target. Her hands start emanating bright red psionics. She knew that he will arrive one day. During her invasion of the Illuminati's headquarters, she notices the vacant seat in the council meeting room during Stephen's trial.