Chapter 53

“What the hell...” Natasha (Brown Widow) said as she shielded her eyes from the harsh blue-tinged sunlight. Yep, blue since the planet is mostly water and less land the sun shone the expansive seaway afront. The assassin variant narrow her eyes as she began to see the silhouette in front. Wanda casually came out to the brewery's platform swirling the cream of her cup of coffee with a spoon. The ginger took a sip and then set it down.
“Are you seeing this?” Natasha said looking back at the redhead.
“Yup,” she replied. Wanda then changes to her Ultimate Scarlet Witch form and leaped towards the front.
Wanda has set oak barrels, casks, and kegs of different sizes in front of the brewery without a second thought Wanda lodged one forwards with her bare hands.
Milla instantly super-speeded towards the barrel as she carries it. Despite her arms wobbling the teen make sure she wouldn't drop it.

Milla stepped out of the brewery and into the bright sunlight, determined to regain her physical strength. She looked over the area around the brewery and noticed a group of customers standing nearby, watching her with interest. She doesn't have her glamour on. Liseth also stepped outside when she sees the commotion, “Go on!” Liseth encouraged Milla to continue.
The teen walked over to a stack of gigantic oak barrels and assessed the weight of the first one. She braced herself, took a deep breath, and reached down to lift it. The weight was immense, but Milla was determined.

She wrapped her arms around the barrel, feeling the rough wood under her fingertips, and heaved it onto her shoulder. The muscles in her back and legs strained as she took a step forward, adjusting the weight, and then began to move the barrel towards the handcart. 
“Lift!” Wanda commanded.
She did. Milla wobbled as she felt a sting on her arms but all together Wanda sees the statics of psionic energy radiating on Milla when she lift the heavy baggage - her natural regenerative powers are trying to recapture her strength.

Once she had the first barrel safely on the cart, she moved on to the second one. As she lifted it, Milla could feel the sweat beginning to bead on her forehead, and her muscles screaming with the effort.
Milla took a deep breath and then with a grunt lifted the barrel onto her shoulders and started to make her way to the cart.
Next, Milla turned her attention to a row of iron tanks sitting nearby. They were smaller than the big barrels, but still extremely heavy. She reached down and grasped one of the tanks, feeling the weight of the metal against her skin. She could feel the muscles in her arms and legs working together to support the load.
Milla lifted the huge metal tank onto her shoulder, feeling the cold steel poking into her skin. She could hear the customers gasping in amazement as she carried the tank across the yard, the metal clanging against her side.
I mean it's not like every day you could see a teen with superpowers carry a tank the size of a garbage truck on a daily basis?

“Here!” Wanda commanded the teen towards the large vat of thick, cement-like mash and dipped the bulky iron mashing fork into the mixture. She gestured for the teen to take it. Milla grabbed the mashing fork, she could feel the weight of the mash pulling against her muscles as she began to stir. The thick, heavy mixture seemed almost impossible to move, but Milla was determined. She put all of her psionic strength into the stirring motion, and slowly the mash began to move.

Milla's pov

My mom had me do these tough workouts that were sweaty and difficult. She was acting like a strict military officer! She kept urging me to stir faster and harder, but I noticed that the mixture was becoming smoother and easier to work with. It reminded me of making porridge, but it was more like brewing tea. You mix malt and water at certain temperatures to break down the starches and proteins from the grain, creating a liquid called wort. Then you wash away the sugars and starches to make beer!

Mom took me to where the chilled beers were kept and instructed me on the exact temperature she wanted them at. I already knew this because cooling beer quickly is important for breweries to prevent contamination from bacteria, which can result in poor-quality beer. Nowadays, modern breweries use heat exchangers to cool beer efficiently and conserve energy. However, we were going to use our methods to control the process.