Chapter 31 (PHASE TWO)

The inspiration for the world of Earth-222 came from Avatar: The Way of Water. I remember hearing the theme for the first time and BAM! Earth-222 took root!

"Thanks, Milla." Said another regular customer. Service time's over. So much has changed indeed. Despite her evident popularity, she chose to keep a low profile as a common citizen. Milla unties her bun, letting her hair loose. She unlatches her locker where she puts her neatly folded apron back in place. Milla gently puts a kiss on both pictures; Wanda (the variant) with Billy and Tommy on her side and the other being the Scarlet Witch herself. Milla sighed at the sight. The woman is still on her prison sentence. It wasn't an ordinary penitentiary that she could visit daily. Not only is it a prison for superpowered beings, but she was sent to a place nexus-level inmates near godly are kept till they are grounded. Milla put her leather jacket on as well as her patty boots, ready to leave the café. Hiiiiiisssssss! - Milla's attention darted towards the window, her eyes red, complexion darkened. She jumped out of the window, pitch-black wings sprouting from her back as she flew towards her beach house. She swiftly glided from one skyscraper after the other as she shot towards the house. Milla carefully slides the backdoor open. Bolts of gold energy rage from her fist as she prepares herself for an intruder. Thanks to Raven's teachings, she learned how to perform protective spells that immediately alerted the inhabitants of the beach house. It's pretty much HER beach house now since Vasilisa and Mortianna rent a penthouse apartment in the corporate district of the city. They would still visit every weekend but for convenience needed to stay near work. Vasilisa and Mortianna still act as her governesses, but they knew that she is responsible enough.

Milla's eyes widen at the supposed trespasser. Wanda sauntered towards the picture frames, grazing her fingertips among them, one by one as if attempting to savor every memory with Milla in them that she missed. Milla relaxes as she quietly flicks her fingers - her powers disappearing. She pulls out her pocket mirror and fixes her hair, her clothes, everything! She smoothens her jacket. She's nervous and excited at the same time. Unsure how Wanda would react basically… She's grown quite a bit. Milla silently walks forward,

"Welcome home."

Wanda gasps as she looked behind startled

Wanda gasps as she looked behind startled. There she is! Shorter than her in height but has also grown a couple of inches. Those blue eyes appear calmer and lighter. Her physical features had matured. Even her choice of clothes too, she's a teen. "Milla!" Wanda couldn't help but run towards her. She hugged her tightly as if afraid that she would vanish right in front of her eyes. Tears flowed freely as Milla hugged Wanda back despite being able to live unassisted, she is pretty much not bold enough to stand up for herself. Deep down she knew she was still young. She still has a lot to learn. She is still Wanda's little girl. Wanda ruffled her hair as Milla buries her face in her neck. When they parted, Wanda wiped Milla's tears away. "I missed you so much," Wanda said, hell she is sick of crying but this time she just let it loose. She wasn't grieving, those aren't sorrowful tears. She is happy. She is finally happy. "I miss you too," Milla said taking her in. Wanda notices her reflection in the nearby sliding door. She also appears different. No wonder why Milla was defensive at first. Earlier, she felt her power radiating fiercely nearby, preparing to blast her with it. Wanda did not budge. She didn't realize why until she sees it herself. Start anew. You only live once... Or a duplicate more, She heard the voice of the Unbound. She knew she screwed up badly and she is punished for it. The citizens of Westview moved on with their lives. "Who lived here?" Said one of them. The neighbor shrugs her shoulders, "No idea." as they moved past the vacant lot where Wanda's house once stood. It's about to be transformed into an event center for Westview.