Chapter 51

Maximoff Beach House Residence

It's not her time-out yet, Milla thought. Wanda was at the front porch waiting for the teen to arrive home. Milla recomposed herself back to her usual clement self she greeted Wanda like her normal routine.
“So you have eaten already,” Wanda said.
“Mm-hmm,” Milla replied, agreeing. The ginger's gaze remains on the teen. The dark-haired teen shifted uncomfortably when suddenly a phone rang; Wanda's work phone. The redhead immediately answered it.

“Hello,” Wanda answered the call. Milla went towards the kitchen to take her medications in the corner of her eyes Wanda saw how the teen's hands shook while taking the bitter pill and swallowing it with a glass of water. The redhead put her phone down with a look of disappointment on her face.
“Milla, I have to go back to the brewery,” Wanda said. As much as the redhead tries to make it seem casual there was a tinge of sadness in her voice. Milla could identify it. She's the boss now so the decision-making & responsibility is doubled unlike when she was just the regular brewer during her days in the Abbey sanctum's bierhaus.
“It's ok, Mom. Go on,” Milla said. She knew her response seemed vague. She hopes that it would not bother the adult, she could imagine the stress she had been experiencing throughout the day. She does not want to add more to it.

Milla's pov

I have decided to quit my job at the publications company, and both my Aunt Mortianna and Aunt Vasilisa have approved my resignation. Aunt Mortianna talked to Aunt Vasilisa about my decision and they agreed that it was the right choice.
I have realized that my true passion lies in working at the brewery, where I feel a sense of belonging. While I enjoy working part-time at the cafe and making my signature Sokohlua-inspired latte, I have been trying to fill a void that I couldn't quite identify.
Since Mom came back, I've been feeling a heaviness and struggling to fit into a mold that wasn't meant for me. My Mom, on the other hand, realized this earlier and went back to working at the brewery.

It took me some time to realize that even though I was tasting beers again, my body needed to be trained again if I wanted to return to the brewing process. I looked at myself and noticed that I had become thin, even though I was eating well.
I resigned from the cafe too. I already pay my share on the beach house but now? I have no job. I'll have to apply again.

I suddenly remembered the thoughts I had while having dinner with my Aunt Mortianna. Oh no! I hope my mom didn't hear them (through telepathy).

Ugh! This is terrible! I tapped out again!
I leaned down on my bed in frustration.

I walked outside the back door where the back pool is. I could dip my toes in the pool. But nope. Still not in the mood for such.
So I walked towards the beach and saw my pebble pile nearby to skip some on the water. I picked one smooth pebble and skipped it, watching as it jumped on the surface 7 to 9 times before sinking to the depths. I skipped one pebble after the other not caring about the time I was doing it. Unexpectedly she was startled by Wanda's astral form from behind.

“Boo!” Wanda's astral form closes Milla's eyes with her hands with a surprise Sokovian greeting.

-----------

“AAH!” Milla topples and landed her butt on the sand causing Wanda's astral form to laugh till she's in a fit of giggles. Instead of helping her up, the redhead's astral form sat in front of the teen (Indian sit). “Come here.” Wanda urged the teen to come towards her when she sees that Milla is having a hard time due to fatigue. Upon closer inspection, the redhead also notices how the teen started to have forgotten about herself. Her unruly ponytail, tired eyes, as well as fatigue. She's also lightweight. Milla has been using glamour (presence concealment) on everyone! Including her! It was too real & convincing that even she is deceived by it.
“Baby, come here," Wanda cooed as she coaches Milla towards her.
“That's right, give Mommy a hug,” Wanda said even in astral form Milla could feel the ginger's warm embrace, the teen willed herself to do ‘semi-astral form’ to catch up with the ginger's form.