Introduction

My short yet fluffy hair brushed in the wind as it reminds me of the winds you would get in Eypt, my family lived there but my parents decided to move to America so we visited every so often due to their wealth.

My parents weren't very proud of the fact that I had only made friends with a "poor" kid named Marc, I knew he didn't have as much money as I did but I never really understood the cate of it like my parents but they always told me I would understand when I'm older.

"Y/N, wanna go to the cave with Roro and I?" Marc beamed.

I knew what this meant but nodded my head as I didn't mind playing games inspired based off that cheap movie he adored, his favourite character was Steven Grant meaning he always took that role leaving Roro and I to bicker over who played who.

"Sure, we need to tell your ma first though." I shrug.

Marc nodded his head and darted towards their mother and jumped on the spot whilst waiting for us to walk over, I turn to slide off the bench to see someone who looked like Marc but older.

We stared at eachother for a moment until Roro grabbed me by the arm whilst giggling and dragged me to Marc with him, the three of us start running as brother's mother tell us to be careful and the be weary of the rain that was meant to be soon.

Of course the brother's didn't listen but I nodded my head and gave her a thumbs up as a way to say I hear her as Roro dragged me by my arm still, Marc had noticed how close Roro has grown to me and found it suspicious but never spoke up about it.

The two boys talked and I tuned them out as I already told them the role I was playing when I heard rustling and turned to look at it, the man was stood there again causing me to pause and we lock eyes again for me to take a step back and hear a crunch under my shoes.

I move my foot to see I had stood in a birds bones that hadn't been there yesterday which caused me to panic, my body jumps as Roro places a hand on my shoulder causing him to raise a brow and Marc to shout our names.

"Are you okay, Y/N?" Roro asks, tilting his head slightly.

I nod my head in response and lock eyes with the man again for a moment before walking with Roro, the man follows us but Roro and Marc don't seem to notice him or even know he exists so I igorne it for now.

We continue walking and it soon starts to rain causing me to pause without noticing that Roro was still holding onto me meaning he stopped too, he looked at me confused as I held my palm out flat as rain gently lands in my palm and Roro points it out to Marc who rolls his eyes.

"It's only a little rain, nothing bad happens with a little rain." He sighs.

The man that I only seem to be able to see stops in his tracks as his eyes widen telling me something bad was going to happen, Roro goes to walk bur I refuse to step any further knowing that Marc would want to go in the cave as that was close to where we played last.

Roro gave me a confused look and Marc turned to watch us both, he looked annoyed at Roro but it wasn't due to my actions but rather his eyes settled on how he was holding me.

"Don't you want to go into the cave?" Roro asks, confused.

I shook my head as the boys both knew it was rare for me to speak as Marc only heard me speak when we first met and that was only a few sentences, his family was concerned for me but I hadn't ever had a bruise or any marks of abuse on me when I visited so they thought I was just shy.

Roro turns to look at Marc who just rolls his eyes and storms off in some form of jealously, Roro sighs and looks at me as if to tell me to wait there as he followed Marc.

The rain only grew stronger by the second causing me to look at the grown man who returns a scared yet confused look that was laced with concern, this caused me to reason that if that was Marc as an adult then it would best for me to follow due to the fear on his face which meant something bad would happen.

The rain started to feel heavy as it hit me whilst the ground started to turn slightly gloopy beneath my feet, I pushed onwards towards the cave to hear both the boys shouting.

"I knew them first, you always take things away from me!" Marc echoes.

"I thought you wanted us to be friends, Marc!" Roro responds, his voice echoes too.

"Yeah, friends! Something you clearly don't understand!" Marc argues.

The man is walking close behind me as we step into the cave as water rushes in meaning it will start to flood soon, I go to shout to them but nothing comes out due to the panic I was experiencing.

I rush into the cave and hear the two arguing until suddenly I can hear water getting deeper and the pair of them notices, they rush towards where I was rushing towards them but the water made it difficult to climb through the tight places.

We reach the same point where Marc was stood infront so I helped pull him through the gap whilst the water only rose more, I reach my hand out for Roro but the water had risen to the point I could no longer see him so when he didn't reach out my hand causing my heart to skip a beat.

Oh shit, oh no.

I quickly squeezed through the cave without any effort due to mu figure whilst I hear Marc and the grown version call my name, I open my eyes underwater to see Roro slowly sinking deeper in the water clearly unconscious.

My hand latches onto his arm and I start to swim to the entrance whilst keeping a tight grip on him, I manage to get Marc to pull him through the cave entrance but was starting to choke on the water so I threw my hand forward and Marc quickly took it and pulled me into the opening.

I continue to choke whilst gasping for air, it felt refreshing to feel the air hit the back of my throat.