18

I was suddenly aware of my situation and surroundings as I stood next to a jackal in front of Steven and Layla, then I was holding a blade to Steven's face whilst wearing my suit which covered my face as I was choking Steven and pinning to a bus.

My hand quickly jolted away but I notice that it was no longer Steven but Marc as he wasn't in a formal suit that you would wear to a formal gathering but the ceremonial armour, we locked eyes as I noticed both our eyes were glowing a bright white.

"I think white eyes suit you better than purple." Marc joked.

Before I could responds, a jackal ran over and rammed into him causing him to be pinned into the bus and dent into it so I swung onto the jackal and notice a a bag on the floor that had a spray can hanging out of it so I directed it towards it.

The jackal tried to fight against my direction until I leaped off it to land in front of the bag so I tossed it to them jackal causing it to bite into it and the spray cans to burst, you could now see it's face and inside it's face thanks to the bright colours and I saw Layla's eyes widen.

The jackal charged towards me in anger and possibly in betrayal so I grabbed it's jaw and held it shut before spinning it in the air and throwing it into a wall, the bricks crumble from the impact causing the jackal to whimper in pain until it suddenly stopped meaning it was most likely crushed to death.

Marc stood in shock whilst I stood and panted to catch my breath as my body was weak and my leg was still dislocated with my arm, Marc rushed over to me and wrapped my good arm over his shoulder as I struggled to stay awake.

Whilst I was half-awake, I move my arm back into it's socket making Marc cringe at the sound.

Out of no-where, another jackal shows us and my conscience is suddenly lost too.

I was stood in front of some kind of fountain and the jackal was like dust that was being carried away by the subtle wind and Marc seemed to notice that I was back, he ran over to me as I move my leg back into the position it was meant to be in.

He no longer had his suit on whilst I still did but he still ran towards me and dragged me into a hug, it caught me by surprise but I didn't say anything.

Marc and I sat by the fountain like structure that had mirrors on it and I was still half-awake, I was exhausted and wanted to go home but knew that I couldn't because my father would be there as soon as he noticed which would be instantly due to the cameras.

Marc was talking to himself in the reflection in a comforting way, he must of been talking to Steven.

"Is Steven okay?" I ask.

Marc smiled and turned to look at me and gave me a nod, I weakly smiled back as I lean my head on one of the mirrors as I could feel myself drifting to sleep.

It didn't take long until I was asleep.

"Is Y/N okay?" Steven asks.

I wasn't entirely sure as I hadn't seen how it started but knew for certain that it was their father due to their voice replacing theirs when he was in control, that must of been his main power whilst Y/N's was some form of being able to stop or slow down time so far.

I was worried for Y/N as much as Steven was in all honesty, I had seen them through almost all of their ups and downs despite their best efforts to hide them as it was always revealed to me one way or another.

"Yeah, I believe so." I sigh.

Steven didn't seem to believe this as I took so long to answer but I knew that all of this was from finding out they held so much power and didn't know how to handle it, they were strong already but they always found things to be difficult to adapt around which often caused them to struggle socially.

I wake up to Marc stomping on something as pieces of glass shatters and fall to the ground making it bounce on the ground as bells rung loudly, my eyelids were heavy but I still manage to turn my head and lock eyes with Marc.

"You swore he would not interfere."

Marc sighed and turned to look at Khonshu, Khonshu seemed to not have notice me yet as he speaks to Khonshu.

"Ungrateful, Marc. Altering the terms of our agreement. You were nothing but a corpse when I found you. You think that you OWN this body?"

Khonshu then laughed?

What was Khonshu talking about?

I wanted to press for question but my exhaustion was catching up to be again, Khonshu appeared in front of Marc and spoke to him until he turned his head to look at me.

Though I never got to respond as my exhaustion causes me to lean back and fall asleep, I was mentally and physically drained.

"Harrow doesn't only want the scarab Marc, you forget Y/N's origins. Why else would I allow you two to grow close?"

Marc froze.

"What do you mean?"

"You think you just dumped into someone as special as them by coincidence? It was my plan for you two to meet, I knew what their father was after and what they hoped to accomplish with them."

"Why did you never help them? Stop their father? Why did you allow them to-"

"I wasn't able to, they cannot become my avatar due to what they are."