12

The men quickly jumped out of the car and left me to lay on the road but I decided to crawl away which confused Steven but I had noticed the large collection of logs above the hill, Steven was completely frozen as he was panting and shaking his head slightly to try and think of something to do.

To react in some way, his body was in shock and so was he.

I had managed to shuffle away and made my eyes glow a bright white as before to try and move the logs when it seemed Khonshu had beat me to it, my body felt so exhausted that I allowed myself to flop back on the road as I heard the wooden logs rush past me.

Steven's eyes rolled to the back of his head as the wood started to become out of control, Marc rushed towards me and quickly scooped me up and run out of the danger zone.

Steven's panic and his sudden reaction made him out of breath as he took deep, sharp breaths whilst holding me close as I struggled to keep my eyes open.

"Y/N? Can you hear me?" He quickly asked, staring into my eyes.

God, why my eyes?

I nod my head but it only drained my energy more and caused my eyelids to become heavier, Marc noticed this and smiled at my attempt to shrug this off as nothing.

He speaks but my hearing becomes muffled and I can't understand what he is saying so I placed my hand on his mouth to shut him up, then my vision soon went to black as my eyelids caved in and closed on me as I grinned.

-

My body jolts up to be in an unfamiliar room whilst my head throbbed whilst my body ached and was coated in bruises but that was something I was used to, I turn to see Steven still asleep by the side of me so I let out a deep breath causing me to calm down.

For a moment, I was concerned I was kidnapped or something.

Though, technically I was.

Oh wait shit, how would I explain this to Steven?

He knows sign language but what am I going to give as an excuse "sorry, I just magically found your apartment and decided to visit"?

I decided against trying to make an excuse and walked towards the door to realise there was tape on the door so it was probably there for some sort of security measure so I turn to the window, this was the only way of getting out that I could think of without disturbing Steven or trying to bullshit my way through it.

My leg swings over and I crawl onto the roof then slide down to the next building to continue slowly making my way down, it wasn't long until my feet landed on the floor when I realised my father might be waiting for me at my house so returning there wasn't really an option.

Though I do have work today so if he visited me I could probably sneak away with the attention we both bring, Steven would hopefully be at work too.

Sounds like a plan.

As if on cue, Steven rushes out the door and we lock eyes for a moment as he says good bye to his mum on the phone for him to notice how I'm covered in bruises.

"Y/N what happened-"

Steven quickly rushed to me and grabbed my arms to roll up my sleeves to see the bruises and small cuts from the when I had fallen out of the car, it seems he thought that the car might of been the cause but pushes it back of his mind as he knows how my father reacts and behaves now.

The crowd around us made me pull my arms away and quickly pull my sleeves back down as I glanced around to make sure no one was looking which only caused Steven more concern, there was some eyes on me now that they saw my face but luckily not much.

"Let's go to work, come on." I comment.

Before Steven could stop me or even get a word out, I grabbed his arm and dragged him towards the bus stop.

Steven and I step off the bus together and we both turn to see Arthur on the bus which caused me to jump, I hadn't expected him to be here and it meant that my father was not far behind them.

This caused him to be scared beyond words so I grab his hands so he quickly turned his attention to me as I gave him a smile, I go to speak but my phone buzzes to say that we are now late for work so I walk towards the building.

We step into the museum whilst still holding hands which I hadn't noticed but caused Steven to be slightly red in the face and go silent which confused me but I shrugged it off, I continue walking with Steven following by my side towards the counter where we work at only to be stopped by Donna.

"Y/N, Steven" She clears her throat.

Donna looks down at our hands and I notice that we were still holding hands but shrugged it off and pushed past her as she stood in shock, I doubted she would fire due to the amount of customers I had brought recently so I continued to walk forward.

Steven keeps changing his glance from me to Donna a few times in shock as I continue to walk forward whilst Donna's jaw was probably still on the floor, his eyes lock on something for a moment and I look at where he was to see nothing out of the ordinary and found it confusing.

Not long after Steven and I were behind the counter and preparing for the day, he suddenly cleared his throat which caught my attention and jolt to stand as I was crouched on the floor only to hit my head on the edge of the counter.

Steven's eyes widen as he rushes the few centimetres we were away from each other as I grip at my hair where I just hit myself, internally I was cussing out the piece of whatever it was that counter was made out of as tears balanced on my eyes as if they were about to fall but didn't.

"Are you okay? I'll get an icepack, stay here-" Steven speaks in a panicked tone.

Before I could argue against it, he was gone and rushing towards the nearest first aid kit which I doubted had an ice pack in them but I never checked so I stood and waited.

I latched onto the side of the counter with my hand and pull myself up whilst looking down as I was still gripping my hair and let out a groan in pain then look to see who was in front of me as I saw a shadow, my father was stood there with a smile on his face causing me to panic and throw myself backwards making me slam my body against the wall.

"It is nice to see you again, son."

This old ass bastard.

"Call me son one more time." I threaten.

My father raises a brow knowing that I wouldn't risk my eyes glowing here as Steven wasn't here and staff was wondering all around and would notice as they always peeked at me and were peeking more now that my father was here, Donna was peeking the most which made me internally roll my eyes.