7

Returning to the job was probably a bad idea but I decided to work with Steven or something, I now had access to the staff parking so I took a car that matched my casual clothing that I wore.

Wearing suits was something I didn't mind as I liked suits but wearing them as a cashier didn't make much sense besides I wanted to wear my own style more often, I drove to work to see Donna quickly notice my car for her jaw to drop.

Oh god not Donna, that was the last person I wanted to see.

I sighed and parked my car and stepped out for her to instantly recognise me and rush over, I pretend to be busy by taking my new phone out of my pocket and staring at it as I walked towards work.

"Y/N!"

Igorne her, igorne her.

"Hey, listen to me!"

My eyes widen as my heart stops causing me to freeze.

That can't be my father, I'm in a staff only area.

God, I hate myself.

Donna then put a hand on my shoulder but I didn't expect it which caused me to freak out, I shoved her away from me and turned to look at her whilst my breathing was heavy and irregular and my eyes wide.

"Are you okay?"

Why does she sound so far away?
Why is everything getting blurry?

Oh god, no not this again.

[TW]

A glass shattered and I was in the body of me as a teenager, I was experiencing one of my memories again as Donna had triggered it somehow.

"What did I tell you about Khonshu?" My father shouts.

My body was shaking at an abnormal rate and I could feel a hand on my arm but when I looked down nothing was there, it must of been Donna but my brain was refusing to exit this state.

Fuck, someone help.

"We only follow Ammit, do you hear me son?" My father yelled.

He was so close to me and only caused my shaking to worsen and my eyes widen further, my lips separated slightly as my breathing became more heavy and my hair started to stick yo my face due to the sweat gathering on my forehead.

My chest felt so tight and restricted whilst my body was ready to collapse at any moment like a poorly built structure in strong wind, my body was weak and hardly able to hold itself at the moment.

"I said, do you hear me?!" He repeated.

A slap was soon across my face causing tears to spill but my face didn't move, it only angered my father more as he picked up the broken glass from earlier.

"You're going to learn to listen."

[TW END]

A sharp pain was on my left side from where my father had stabbed me with the shattered glass that day, it caused me to collapse onto my knees which took Donna by surprise.

A medial team was there and surrounding me and taking some measurements like blood pressure, they must of thought there was some kind of seizure occurring or something but it wasn't.

I looked up to see Khonshu stood watching me, there was tears streaming down my face and my body shaking violently as my body ached from the event I just experienced again.

Khonshu had seen me in similar conditions after my father's punishments, I never dared to speak up against him or my parents but it seemed the medics had picked up on this not being a seizure and something to do with trauma.

"Y/N, can you hear us?" One of them ask.

I nod my head and turn to look at them in the eyes, they helped me stand for me to almost fall so they keep my arm over their shoulder.

We had to walk through the museum for some god damn reason so they helped me walk, we were walking through the gift ship when I locked eyes with Steven.

The fear and concern for me quickly overtook his expressions as he dropped a shade of colour, I weakly smile at him to try and pretend I was fine but it didn't convince him.

They took me into a medical room within the museum where the medical team continues to check my stats, my blood pressure was low as normal for me yet my heart was racing so they wrote it down.

They concluded there was nothing they could do and decided to give me some cold water then waited until my heart rate lowered, then I was fine to continue working so I thanked them and stepped outside to be hugged.

The hug was so sudden that I didn't have time to react, the jacket in my face had a familiar smell.

Steven, well it smelled more of Marc but they would smell the same.

I didn't know if Steven knew sign language or not but decided that no time was better than now to know.

"I'm fine, Steven." I said with sign language.

He watched me sign then shook his head and held my hand gently, his hands were so warm in comparison of how Marc's hands were usually so cold.

"You're not fine, your still pale. Besides, I know about your relationship with your parents." He sighed.

He what?

Without thinking, I grabbed Steven by his collar and threw him I to the wall then lifted him off the ground and pinned him there with one hand.

At the same speed I pinned him to the wall I let him go, I didn't know what came over me as I had never done thst before nor did I take any lesson's for self defence.

"I'm sorry." I sign to Steven.

He is surprised by what had just happened and I imagine Marc will be too, my eyes felt weird during that whole thing too and I could swear there was a new light shining on him or something.

Like a light was coming from my eyes.

Oh no, this isn't what my father meant is it?