8

"Y/N, your still doing tour guides right?" Donna asks.

She didn't lay a finger on me this time as I was stood behind the counter with Steven, I shook my head at her and she seemed disappointed but nodded then walked away.

Steven then turns to look at me again as he told me that my eyes glowed a bright white for a moment, something clearly wasn't right with whatever just happened and I knew my father would know about it.

Whilst I was considering how to approach my father about this, Steven was rambling about how it's impossible for that to happen and so on and so forth.

After taking a deep breath I manage to break out of my deep thoughts and turned to look at Steven again, he seemed panicked and jumped back then pointed at his eye signalling to me that they were glowing again.

It freaked me out a little too causing me to close my eyes and take a deep breath and open them again, Steven was leaned fairly close to watch my eyes and gave me a thumbs up.

He was so adorable.

"It's so strange, I only read about this once in one of my books.." Steven mumbled.

I raised a brow which caught his attention and he smiled slightly, he paused for a moment and seemed to be trying to remember what he read when it was light bulb flicked on in his head.

"Something about gifts, they are like gods but in a human form meaning they don't need avatars as they stay as a young adult forever." He spoke proudly.

Then it hit him.

"Wait, your immortal." He gasped.

Does that mean my father is immortal too?

Great, I would have to deal with him for eternity.

"I'll call my dad, he'll know something about it." I sign to Steven.

He seems hesitant but nods his head whilst concern was clear in his eyes which caused me to smile, it was cute that he cared so much for me or was it just that I wasn't used to this kind of genuine concern?

Whatever, I have to call my father.

I step out of the counter as people didn't seem interested in buying anything yet so I walked to the toilets, I stepped into the area surrounded with mirrors and took out my phone.

Deep breaths.

I pressed call on my father's contact.

"Nice for you to finally respond." He comments.

Nice to talk to you too, father.

"Something about me is off, my eyes glowed or something today."

This caught his attention, I heard him suddenly sit up in his chair and people shuffle out of his office.

"I doubted it would be this early, it usually doesn't reveal itself until a while later."

What the fuck does that mean?

"What-"

"Your a god, like our friend Ammit. It shouldn't be long until Khonshu will notice too..."

Why does it matter if Khonshu knows, he was a better option than Ammit regardless.

"Khonshu isn't the brightest of the bunch, father."

As I say that, Khonshu appears in front of me.

Haha, it was a joke khonshu.

"Hm, I guess your right. Regardless, you must keep your distance from that Marc."

Huh? Why would I need to stay away from Marc?

"What- why?"

"He is the new avatar for Khonshu, I must go now."

Before I could press any further, he ended the call.

Fucking great.

"You know what you are now, correct?"

I hated this but I nodded.

-

I returned to Steven and stood behind the counter with him, all my senses had heightened however so I could hear someone chewing gum and another eating crisps and oh lord.

The urge to rip my ears off was so large that I could not put it into words, I was clearly distressed as Steven turned his head to look at me and noticed my eyes growing white again.

I was still stood but clearly irriated by something so he took a pair of sunglasses they were selling and placed them on my face, it confused me why he out them on my face and he pointed at his eye again and I nodded.

"What did your father say?" He inquires.

Steven was clearly curious on what I was and eager to know more about it and the best knowledge was from though who experienced it, he was leaned on the counter with his hands on his face whilst holding a smile which made me smile too.

My heart felt warm for some reason, I doubted it was me being in love and me just thinking he was adorable again.

"He told me the same as you, that I was a god." I signed to him.

He nodded his head and seemed disappointed in the lack of new knowledge bit didn't complain, it was like he understood that I was as frustrated as him from the lack of answers.

"Who knows, you might end up like thor. You know, the god and the- yeah." He stutters.

I had never really thought of or about the avengers in a while, I wasn't blipped and neither was my father but my mother was and so was half of my father's work force which angered him more than the disappearance of his wife.

Maybe we weren't blipped due to being gods?

I chuckle at Stevens statement who smiles at me then joins in with the laughing, a little kid then walked up to us and placed a few coins downs.

They used sign language to ask for some sweets or something sweet so I nodded at Steven, he smiled and started counting the money to see how many she could afford as I signed back to er to explain that he was counting to see how many they could get.

Me using sign language caused the kids eyes to quickly light up and sparkle with some kind of new hope, I guess I should be happy for knowing a lot of languages.