9

I worked with Steven for a few more days and grew close with him until I returned one night to see my father at my house, it caught me by surprise and made me drop my shopping on the floor from the surprise.

The shopping had spilt out of my shopping bag so I stand there and give my father and angry glare who returns it, knowing that was a warning I quickly scooped all my shopping back into their bags and put them on the counter.

"We're going to see an old friend of mine." He spoke, now standing.

Saying no would only lead me to me being dragged there half alive so I didn't complain or say a word but nodded my head, last thing I wanted was more scars to attempt to hide behind make up.

-

We arrive at a small village that seemed to have a very nice appearance, I was simply scared of the type of person I was going to run into.

The location was too quiet and everyone seemed a little too happy which made it unsettling, maybe it was because I was used to London which meant I would expect someone to miserable no matter where I went.

The car suddenly came to a stop and I stepped out of the car with my father to see a man dressed in some red pastor clothes to walk towards us, people of the village reached out to brush their hands against him then soon realised we were there too.

Hands were brushed against me too which caught me off guard and to jump, my father placed a stern hand on my shoulder to tell me to calm down so I took a deep breath.

The man dressed in red church clothes stood in front of us with a welcoming smile, he changed his glance from my father to me and seemed to recognise me which sent a chill down my spine.

"Y/N, you've grown since I last saw you." He smiled.

Something about this man seemed off and everything in my body was telling me not to trust him or to run, it was clear that he was close to my father which meant he most likely knew about the things he had done to me.

My eyes glowed a white as my heart rate quickly began to race which caught the red clothed man by surprise, he was clearly fascinated by it which meant my father hadn't really told him much about the whole god thing.

"I'm sure they mean no harm Arthur, they have been through a lot as of recently." My father sighed.

Arthur who was the man dressed in red nodded his head as I continued to give him an angry glare with my glowing white pupils, it was clear that I didn't trust him or anything here and it was more obvious that I didn't want to stay here.

The place was unfamiliar and I had little to no clue to where we were as my father refused to inform me, it only made my anxiety grow and this man was causing it to only worsen.

"Awfully young for this to kick in, aren't they? Guess they are as special as you preached." Arthur smiled.

My father didn't like this kind of humour he was displaying and scrunched his nose which caused him to retract his statement, the men continued to talk as I turned to look at the villagers only to see a familiar face.

Marc?

Oh fuck, that's Steven. He's clearly confused and scared, what are they doing here?

Before I could attempt to excuse myself my father decided we were going to watch some of Arthur's abilities or some shit, I lock eyes with Steven for a moment before my father grabbed my arm and gave me a sharp, quick pull which got me to start walking with them.

We stepped onto what looked like a stage but it was ground level but we stood to the side as Arthur stood in the centre, I had little to no idea to what was happening or what Arthur was going to do and why it was so important.

Instead of paying attention, I kept my eyes locked on Steven as he stepped towards the stage for our eyes to meet once again.

If he was the avatar of Khonshu it would mean that he close by and most likely watching too, my father's hand was soon on my shoulder with a tight grip meaning that he probably knew Khonshu was here too but he didn't seem to notice Steven yet.

An elderly lady steps up to Arthur and she seems nervous yet excited at the same time, I watch as the walking stick Arthur had waved backwards and forwards in between in arms that were clasped together.

There was a tattoo of scales that were a pure black that was swaying on his arm that was physically impossible but I was one to talk with my white glowing eyes, the scales then paused when one side was heavier than the other causing the tattoo to change from pure black to a bright red.

Arthur looked up as his eyes met with my father who was watching him with a stern look as if to say to continue his work despite my presence or whatever is holding him back, his grip on the elder's hands tightened as she struggled as I raised a brow to what was happening.

The struggle lasted for a moment before she suddenly stopped moving and her body hit the floor causing my eyes to widen in realisation, my body froze in horror as I process what I had just witnessed.

Oh god, is she actually dead?

My body goes to dash towards her to help but my father grabbed my arm and yanked me back as tears spilled from my eyes, I never would of thought I would have to witness someone die in front of my eyes.

Yes, I had heard of my father maybe killing a few people in the name of Ammit but never witnessed it.

Why didn't I intervene sooner, this is my fault.

Everything goes wrong when I'm present.