15

Steven had stepped into his bathroom after assuring me he was okay and I was left alone in the apartment so I walked over to his bookcase, there was more than one but I decided to see if we had any similar books or if there were any I had read that I no longer owned as I rarely kept books I had read.

"Y/N."

It was Khonshu's voice, I turn to see him stood behind me making me raise an eyebrow.

Behind him was an almost empty that had some of Marc's stuff on it, I had never noticed it but it had his phone and the storage key to the locker thing that I was never allowed into as Marc never wanted me near it as he apparently thought it might cause a panic attack or something for me.

"Take the spare key and go to the locker, the scarab is there."

I stepped towards the table and paused whilst my eyes rested on the spare key for the storage locker and I knew what was in it now that I knew Marc was Khonshu's avatar, it annoys me that he wanted to keep this secret but he most likely wanted to keep me safe or knew about my father.

Marc had never told anyone the whole truth and tried to keep knowledge of things to a minimum to 'protect' them in a way, it never worked and only made people lose trust in him and feel as if they were never valued.

My hand reached out and grabbed the keys and gripped them tightly in my hand as I take a deep breath, Khonshu gave me a nod and I gave him a weak smile before noticing the notepad on the table and grab the pen next to it to write that I had left for personal reasons.

Steven would be worried, I knew that but I also needed to do this.

After I scribbled the note for Steven with an apology at the end, I removed the tape off the door and unlock the door to then step out and close the door behind me.

-

"Why don't you ever tell me anything, Marc? I feel as if you don't trust me!" I whine.

Marc had only told me now that he was going abroad for this job in Egypt but my father didn't want to visit our family so I couldn't tag along, they never allowed me to join Marc or go anywhere with him unless I managed to sneak around them.

"I do it to make sure you're safe, if you get hurt. I won't be able to forgive myself." He sighed.

Marc was always worried for me and it had always annoyed me for some reason but I guessed it was due to the fact that I could get personal security at a moments notice, the only downfall would be never seeing Marc again as they would have to report to my father.

It was always about my safety and never his.

"I would sacrifice myself for your life and you know nothing will stop me, why bother trying to protect me when you know I'll fight against it?" I argue.

Marc weakly smiled as he knew I was right but wouldn't admit to it, we were both stubborn.

"Don't get into trouble, okay?" I sigh.

Marc smiles.

"No promises." He jokes.

-

I step into my garage and storm past all my cars before I slammed my hand on the lift call button and then storm into my changing room, I changed into an all black-suit and hid some daggers in my pockets that were easy to access before returning to my garage.

Of course, I chose an all black car and revved the engine before speeding out of the garage and drive towards the storage facility to notice Steven stepping off the bus in front of me so I park beside the storage unit.

Steven paused and looked at my car as I stepped out for his jaw to drop to the floor as I closed the door to my car and locking it before stepping towards him which made lots of heads turn to look at us.

"Y/N, how-" Steven goes to speak.

I instead latch onto his arm and start dragging him towards the storage unit and see Khonshu in the corner of my eye and he didn't seem happy, I knew this wasn't going to go well but I also knew that Steven wouldn't just let this slide with everything that has happened since I came into his life.

I took a step into the room as Y/N stays outside with an anxious look on their face and they refused to talk or even sign to me which worried me, they had been acting weird since the whole thing to do with those people with scales on their arms.

The walls were reflective and my reflection was the same as this morning meaning that crazy American wasn't going to talk to me, I noticed a gym bag of sorts and rushed over to it and quickly unzipped it to see a passport.

It wasn't an English passport which confused me so I quickly flicked it open to notice that it was an American passport with the name of 'Marc Spector' and a photo of me, it confused my head and my brain started to question everything as I stared at it and re-read it to make sure I was reading this right.

This is wrong, surely.

Some kind of fraud, right?

Then I look up to notice my reflection isn't there any longer and turn my head to see the reflection giving me an angry stare, it seemed as if it didn't like me seeing whatever was in this bag as I grabbed the scarab that the voice kept mentioning in what I thought was a dream.

I would argue that this was abnormal and wasn't right but Y/N had glowing eyes and some sort of non-human powers so I couldn't really say this wasn't normal as Y/N wasn't normal either, this is all so confusing and makes no sense.

Then the American spoke.