14

"I can hear you, can you hear me?" Steven called out.

A white glow lit up a display momentarily but soon disappeared which meant the security lied to him when they said they went home, something was wrong.

Why would security lie to him?

Noticing that security had lied and the tense atmosphere meaning something was wrong caused him to grip his bag tighter, it was clear he was afraid but it was unclear of what he was afraid of as he himself didn't know.

"Steven." An American accent mutters.

Steven looked at the reflection of himself on the nearest display to only see himself and let out a sigh of relief before stepping forwards but his reflection didn't follow, the reflection looked behind him to notice a jackal then slowly turn their head back to Steven.

Y/n on the other hand had heard Steven's voice which caused the glow as they were trying to figure out where he was, they stepped away from the person who was now laid on the floor in fear whilst taking deep, unsteady breaths as their steps echoed.

"Khonshu is deceiving you, Ammit will lead-" The follower spoke.

Y/n's head twists to glance at them in the corner of their eye causing the glow to panic the follower and return to the state of panic they were previously in, Y/n hated this in all honesty but knew it was the only way to avoid hearing about Ammit.

The mention of Ammit always seemed to boil their blood no matter how small the mention of it was, the simple suggestion of the goddess always managed to anger them and caused their eyes to glow intensely which this person had noticed.

"Having faith in Ammit is as useful as having faith in a rock." I spoke.

The person didn't respond as I then stepped out of the room we were in to see Steven and the jackal which instantly raised a red flag for me, it seemed Steven noticed it at the same time as it started growling and he leaned against a display to throw his bag to the floor.

The jackal pounced on his bag and started ragging it as if it was some sort of dog toy so I walked towards Steven whilst being as silent as possible whilst he stood and slowly stepped backwards so he could admire the jackal, he bumped into a vase causing it to spin for him to catch it and made a thump sound catching the jackals attention so I sprinted towards it.

The jackal was sprinting towards Steven causing me to chase after it until it ran up a wall so I jumped up to grab it's ear to drag it down to the floor as Steven looked back, he continued running as I pushed the jackal back with all the might I could.

In return, the jackal threw me into the wall causing me to hit the wall hard and my eyes to start glowing a bright white making the jackal pause for a moment to step towards me and sniff me.

The jackal then started running after Steven again making me stand and chase after the jackal again knowing that it no longer saw me as a threat, Steven panicked and ran into the men's bathroom and I could hear shouting and screaming whilst my suit wrapped around me.

The jackal kept slamming it's body into the cold metal repeatably causing me to become concerned for it and run up to it and latch onto its neck and swung onto it's back, I wrap my arms around the jackal and try to guide it in the other direction.

Of course this didn't work and caused the jackal to throw me into the door to only go through the metal and slide across the floor, Steven screamed as he saw me slide across the floor to hit a sink so harshly that it cracked.

My head spun as Steven screamed more and started to slap himself and refuse to hand over the body or something whilst I struggled to stand, I pull myself to my feet with the shattered sink and reached my hand out to Steven's shoulder to be inches away so I threw myself towards him causing him to catch me.

His eyes locked on mine to see the glowing eyes squinted in pain as my nose was scrunched like his signature move when being sarcastic, he would find it cute that some of his behaviour was rubbing off onto me if we weren't in this situation.

"Hand over the body." I breathed.

Steven seemed scared and confused and hesitant to do as I said but nodded then had his eyes roll to the back of his head as I still held onto him for support until the jackal broke in, the jackal leaped towards us and knocked the pair of us onto the floor causing me to lay on the floor weakly.

My head spun and my body was weak.

I woke up with my head throbbing on the opposite side of Steven's bed and noticed the chain thing that was on his foot which caused me to raise a brow, it was confusing why he had that but I didn't want to question it.

Marc is still married to Layla, maybe he has it for that. I don't know.

I stood up and stretched then glanced around the apartment when I heard Steven gasp for air and start to run for some reason.

Steven's ankle restraint had no more slack remaining it causing it to make a noise and pull him back making him land flat on his face, as funny as it was I was also concerned for him.

"Are you alright?" I ask.

Steven turns to look at me in confusion then turns to look away and take a deep breath, I had no idea what he was doing but he soon started to repeatably mutter "no".