2

I stepped into the building whilst being in sync with Steven who gave me a second glance as if he recognised me, I gave him a quick smile before changing it to a death stare which caused him to avert his eyes.

The person who was meant to interview me then stepped towards me, I glance to her name badge to see it read Donna as I then changed my gaze to look at Donna despite seeing Steven in the corner of my eyes.

"Y/N, right? It was such a surprise when I heard one of the Y/LN's applied to work here, I mean do you even need the money? What an honor." She swiftly spoke, holding her hand out for me to shake.

Steven's eyes widen when he hears my surname and stands there with his jaw on the floor as I glance down at Donna's hand, I gently shook it with a firm shake which caused her to stand in awe which was something that had always annoyed me.

People acted as if I was some form of god or something when I stepped into a place, they would ask me stupid things like: sign my shirt, sign my book, sign this, sign that, can you adopt me, etc.

It annoyed me as I hated living life as some kind of celebrity when all I wanted was to live a normal life or atleast have some control of the company I was destined to, my father would treat me as a babbling child in work despite my reserved nature and selective mutism but he never seemed to care.

"Oh right, you um- you don't talk." Donna chuckled nervously.

Jeez, just tell me I got the job already.

I turn to look at Steven who still had his jaw on the floor and gave him a quick smile which caused some jealously for Donna, you could see a slight anger in her eyes as she turned in the direction of Steven to direct him.

"Stevie, your late." She aggressively hummed.

He nodded his head and quickly gave me a wave and smile in return then shuffled away causing people to act normal, that was until one of them looked at the direction he was walking from and noticed me causing them to quickly call over the others.

Oh lord, great.

"You applied to be a tour guide, why not admin or something more suitable for your style?" Donna suggests, smiling nervously.

My parents were known to be short-tempered and question the employee to if they were challenging theor power or some bullahit which made others cautious towards me, though sometimes I heard whispers of how imitating my silence can be espically with all the power I held.

Apparently it was like being silently judged for every single breath you took, staff would be cautious around me more than how cautious they would be around my parents in fear I took some of their behaviour.

I shook my head at the offer and raised my hands slightly in a defensive way to try and show I was trying to be nice, it took Donna by surprise how well I took it and caused her to nod her head and walk me to her office.

She continued with her incoherent rambling that I managed to tune out and instead look around the museum, I had noticed Steven was at the cashier point in the little gift shop which made me smile slightly.

Donna continued rambling as I stepped into her office and sat in the guest seat, she then sat in her seat and then grabbed a pile of papers on her clearly recently cleaned desk as you could see some dust on the desk and spots that she had missed.

Did she put this effort in for all employees? This feels like special treatment.

Donna then interviews me as how they usually go from what I had witnessed from my parents business, which reminded me that they were planning a date for me with a woman despite me telling them I was gay.

Of course, they didn't listen and thought it was sin or something "the poor kid" had taught me which referred to Marc, I doubted that he was gay but I never knew and never asked but he did marry a woman so I would argue that he wasn't gay.

Though he did file for divorce, oh well its not my business.

"What cars do you have?" Donna asks, once the interview ends.

I would roll my eyes but I was desperate to prove that I wasn't like my parents so I stood and opened Google then typed the model of cars I had: ferraris, lamboginis, rolls Royces, any experience car in reality.

Donna's face went slightly red as her eyes widen in shock and amazement whilst her jaw dropped to the floor or rather her desk, I stood with a blank face and straightened my posture as I returned to stand straight instead of leaning over the desk.

"Oh wow, your parents must love you." Donna hums.

It was her she was impressed by my wealth and I had showed off so I was to blame but it made me cringe at how flirtatious she was acting, it made my nose scrunch slightly which she apparently found adorable.

I flick my wrist to signal I was gay which made her pause for a moment, she went a brighter shade of red but I could tell she wasn't completely sold.

"Are you like..fully gay?" She inquires.

Oh no, not this.

I froze for a moment out of almost shock that she had said that so she took that as a no and smiled, this woman was going to make me run miles to avoid her at work but that was fine since I wanted to get more exercise in.

She then told me that I was hired as a tour guide and could start as soon as I wanted so I took that as an opportunity for now, of course people requested to be part of my tour guide so they started charging slightly higher for me to tour specifically which annoyed me slightly.

People were paying it as it was raised by £10 which wasn't much to most people as all they wanted were selfies and for me to sign stuff, the commotion had caught the attention of Steven as he was leaning over the cashier counter to watch all of this happen.

People were swarming me and begging me to either take a photo or sign something rather than go on a tour, it annoyed me as this was a museum and they were all here for me rather than the history and everything this building held.

I grabbed one of the signs and held it up which read 'no photos', which of course they didn't listen to and fangirls started screaming more and louder whilst calling me cute and other things.

Why am I here again?