5

Once I return home I felt something in my pocket so I took it out to realise it was Y/N's but was damaged, it looked as if it fell from a high height or was thrown but my biggest concern was returning it to them.

The phone switched on as a new message appeared, looking at someone else's messages was wrong but this was my only way of returning this phone.

"Answer me Y/N, you don't want the same thing to happen as last time. Do you?"

My heart dropped.

No way, this had to be some hoax right?

No way did the Y/N known for being the richest young adult in modern times have a family that was abusive, it was unbelievable and was beyond baffling.

What happened last time?

How did No one notice?

With all the photo shoots they do and interviews and being under the public eye almost constantly, how did No one ever notice?

How?

My hands were shaking slightly as I realise one was gripping the phone tightly as rhe other covered my mouth from the shock, Y/N's life had always been portrayed to be amazing and something that you would die for.

Loving and caring parents was something they always talked about and how they always supported them, it was so clear that it was impossible to be this happy but I never knew it went this deep.

The phone started ringing.

Oh shit.

I didn't know how to react but decided to answer the phone and quickly put the phone to my ear, hopefully Y/N would reach out for help or I could talk to them or something.

"Y/N! Didn't I tell you not to do poor people jobs? Loo what you've done! You've always ruined people's lives, you let that by drown and let his brother use your pity for money and now this! Do you-" The mother rambled.

What she was saying was shocking to how poorly they had treat them, blaming incidents on them that weren't there fault or may of been caused to do the negligence they constantly faced.

Who knows how long this had been going on for.

"I found this phone, do you know where I could return it?" I interrupt.

The mother goes silent and seems to be shocked at hearing my voice, did she recognise me?

No, where would she recognise me?

"Oh Marc, how lovely to hear of you again. I was wondering when we would talk again, I'll tell you Y/N's address no problem." She hummed.

This felt wrong.

It was wrong.

This so called mother believed they were talking to their child and instantly tried to degrade and bash them, she was trying to belittle them and crush them under their foot to get them to listen to every last word and follow every demand.

What kind of mother does this?

"Oh- thank you Mrs Y/LN." I stutter.

The mother makes a quick "mhm" then ends the call but you could tell she did it in an arrogant matter which only annoyed me further, it felt so wrong to stand on the sidelines and so many people would sell or leak this information to the public but that would get them in trouble.

The last thing they would need is trouble and it would only cause them harm, the last thing they need is any more risk being added to this toxic relationship with their parents.

Wait, what did she call me?

Marc?

-

The first day of work was horrible and I stepped to my alcohol cupboard and swung it open, an annoyed groan escaped from my lips as I realise I didn't have any of my favourite left so I made do with the one I preferred in this situation.

I grabbed the glass and placed it on the counter and grab the opener for the bottle to see Khonshu again, it makes me jump and hit my back on the counter causing me to curse St myself.

Ow, that's going to be another bruise to cover.

"Do you not remember me?" Khonshu inquires.

Unfortunately, I did remember this prick who just jump scared me.

I rolled my eyes at him and gave him a nod as I open my alcohol and quickly down some, Khonshu watches me and notices how much I had changed since he last saw me.

When he last saw me was with Marc where we were drawing with chalk for him to appear, we were both confused to see him but he mentioned something about Avatars but the only Avatar I knew was the blue people which caused a lot of confusion.

"You seem to be popular amongst the humans, it caught the attention of the other gods." Khonshu comments.

Oh great, this lecture.

The lecture of how Ammit or some other Egyptian God will want me to be their avatar due to the power I hold, it was annoying and I would frequently have to listen to this babble so I often tuned him out.

Though today I was tired of tuning him out and decided to have some fun instead, I lifted the bottle that I just opened and gripped it tightly.

"You have until I finish this bottle." I shrug.

Khonshu gives me a concerned look, he was most likely concerned if that much would send me to ER or not but that wasn't uncommon for me at this stage.

They would remove the make up and see my body covered in bruises or scars from my parents and I had to use some bullshit excuse like skateboarding, ER might aswell know me personally by now due to how bad I was beaten and sent in to simply say I pushed off some stairs or other very clearly obvious lies.

The door suddenly had a knock at it so I place the bottle down as Khonshu hides in the corner telling me it would be an Avatar as he wanted to hide, I opened the door to see...

Steven?

"I came to return your phone, its a little broken but you'll still need it." He awkwardly smiles.

Aw, how cute.
I could trust this man with my drink at a club.

"Thank you, Steven." I say, taking the phone from him then waving.

He waves back then walks away as I close the door, he sweet of him.