13

"Be rational now, your lucky that Arthur is a gentle soul." My father smiles.

My father gripped my arm from over the counter with a strength that made pain quickly shoot through my arm which meant this was a demand, it was more of a threat than a demand and he knew that I knew this.

The only thing he didn't know is how I would react to this as he had noticed how much more out of control I have become since these glowing eyes came into my life, I doubted my family in Egypt wouldn't know but that only meant I would have to hurry to my cousin in Cairo to get that map he always bragged about to me.

Always the "I protect history" kind of person but would sometimes value the money or status he could gain, after all he loved to be a show off but I could be a show off too at times.

"Rational? Funny hearing that from you-" I go to speak back before the pain becomes worse.

My father grips me arm tighter and it is close to putting my blood flow which causes me to death stare him to notice his glowing eyes except his wasn't white, my father's eyes glowed purple but the same colour of it you would expect from Ammit and now some form of God or something.

Maybe it had to do with you you were loyal to?

"Do not act irrationally, this is your final warning Y/N." My father threatens.

The last thing I would do right now is listen to my father.

So what do I do?

Act irrationally, of course.

I slam my arm to the side so it hits my fathers arm mostly causing him to release his grip as I jump up and slide over the counter to kick him, I landed the hit and it caused him to stumble back as I fly off the slide causing me to roll on the floor before landing on my knees.

Suddenly there was a bright purple light flying towards me so I arch my back so I am almost laying on the floor as my head hovers slightly above the cold floor causing it to slowly freeze my neck, the light disappears and I run towards him again and jump into the air causing my eyes to glow a bright white and punch him in the right of the face causing me to land on his left.

My father simply places a finger on where I hit him and looks at the finger to see no blood to turn and look at me, we lock eyes for a moment as he then charges towards me so I leap into the air and backflip over his head and kick him in the back of the head causing him to fall to the floor as Steven ran into the room in a panicked state.

"Y/N!" Steven shouts.

He glanced down to see my father struggling to stand as I slowly turn my head to look at him with my glowing eyes, it caused him to tense up as my father stood and I heard someone walking over so quickly put some sunglasses on.

A staff member looks the three of us before I gave my father a playful push with a smile on my face which would normally get me in trouble but he couldn't do anything right now, he simply played along with it and stepped outside of the museum.

-

Steven was put on inventory tonight and I decided to stay with him despite him insisting on me returning home, I gave him one of my earbuds so we could listen to music together and we took turns on what song to play.

Steven finished scanning one of the boxes so I sign to him that I was going to grab the next box and he gives me a thumbs up which makes me smile, I no longer had my sunglasses on and left them on the counter so I started walking towards the storage room whilst humming to the song.

"Y/N." A voice whispers.

For some reason this caused my eyes to instantly start glowing again and spin on the heels of my shoes to see that no one was there causing me to let out a sigh of relief, it must of been Steven telling me to hurry up or something so I started speed walking towards the storage room.

The lights were now being flicked off as the cleaning staff had finished for the day and I was almost certain they were automatic but I never asked, I shrugged my shoulders as I see the storage room to feel a presence to the side of me making my eyes glow white.

The white glow allowed me to see something swinging towards me causing me to leap back and the person to stumble in front of me, on their arm was a tattoo which was the same scales as what Arthur and my father had on their arms.

We lock eyes for a moment before they leap towards me again causing me to arch my back as I lower myself to drop onto my knees and slide forwards towards the door again, I dodged the attack so I quickly stood and opened the door then slammed it behind me.

I grabbed the supply box and took a deep breath and timed the door to slam open on the same time the person went to attempt to knock down the door, it sent them flying across the room and made an awful skid noise like those from a trainer on a smooth, cold surface.

As much as I cringed at this I also started running back towards the counter, I sense someone charging towards me as I was running but couldn't react in time causing me to be tackled by them.

The box I was holding slid across the floor as my eyes locked on it for my eyes to start glowing to turn to see who it was who had tackled me, their face went from a proud smile to a scared face that told me they feared me.

A "oh shit" face.

I quickly kicked them in the stomach causing them to roll off me as I quickly leaped back onto my feet and stepped over to them, I towered over them causing them to drop a shade in colour as their eyes widen more in fear but seeing that fear didn't feel right.

It felt wrong.