6

My phone was wrecked but still worked but I doubted paying for it to be repaired would save me money, I sigh and turn my phone on to see my mum and dad had been still spamming me with messages after I threw it.

I was so focused on my broken phone and beating myself up about it for wasting money that I forgot about Khonshu, he stood out from the corner and watching me analyse the damage to my phone despite knowing I doubted it would stick around.

"Overbearing parents shortened your patience?"

They were more than overbearing and he knew that as I weren't the only one in the family with the 'gift' of seeing these ancient gods, my father had the same gift as he called it meaning that if Khonshu ever was in the house with me then he would quickly become aware.

As a child I wanted Khonshu around a lot to play games which he resultantly gave into everytime, my father would always end up finding him and start demanding for him to leave and never come near me again.

It never worked, it only meant I saw him more frequently at Marc's meaning I visited him more often.

Khonshu's voice and the fact I had forget that he was here caused me to jump causing my grip on the phone to disappear, the phone went flying in the air and my eyes widen and I tried to catch it.

Crash!

On the floor, broken.

Oh for fucks sake, seriously?

I turn to look at Khonshu and give him a death stare which caused him to shrug, my reaction to this was a deep breath and a roll of the eyes as I scooped the remaining parts of my phone up to take the sim card out.

Once I had removed the sim card, I placed it in an empty container so I didn't lose it then checked the time on my watch and let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm going to buy a new phone, leave my house and bother Marc or some shit." I speak.

Khonshu doesn't reply or move whilst I stare at him then roll my eyes again and walk into my dressing room, I open one of the many closets and browse through the clothes to pick out some casual wear.

Of course it was mostly what I wish I could wear more often but I out a face cover on too in hopes to not be recognised, it never worked but it gave me some hope but the attempt is worth it.

I gently close the closet and grab one of the wallets I own and place my cards in it then grab one of the keys to my car, ofcourse it matched my outfit too or how else was I meant to be fashionable?

Driving to the mall or shopping centre as they call it to England was a route I was used to in a way, it wasn't that often I went shopping but everytime I took this route I was excited to go shopping so it caused my brain to memorise it.

Once I arrive, I step out of the car to instantly have all eyes on me mostly due to the fact it was an expensive car.

No one had recognised me yet which caused me to smile beneath the face covering.

Stepping into the shopping center instantly caused all eyes on me meaning that I was soon recognised, people quickly started taking photos of me and talking about me as I walked past.

Jeez, they're gonna rename this place after me soon with how often I'm here.

I stepped into the apple store and start browsing the phones and notice a kid setting alarms on all the phones causing me to chuckle, the thing wasn't that funny but the way the kid was failing to look subtle make it hilarious.

Eventually, I decide on a phone model which was the latest version so I stepped to the check out and bought it.

I receive the phone in the bag and I gave a quick smile to the employee as a way to say thanks meaning I had to squint my eyes due to the face covering, I turn to leave and notice the crowd outside and mentally groan knowing there was going to be chaos.

The employee that had just helped me seems concerned for me from how quickly my mood dropped, despite the fact I hated situations like this I stepped outside and attempted to walk back to my car.

Ofcourse I was swarmed as I attempted to escape the shopping centre and my car was soon swarmed too, I hit my head on the steering wheel and took a deep breath knowing that I couldn't do anything.

Blaring my horn wouldn't work and I didn't want to shout nor could I with this many people, I know some sign language but it wouldn't surprise me if none of these knew it and they would igorne it anyways.

Only one option left, slowly drive the car so they back away until I manage to get out and drive away.

Wait, they aren't crowding behind me.

I quickly switch to reverse and slammed my foot on the acceleration pedal thing causing the car to swing backwards, I tilt the wheel so the car turns as I reverse which only caused people to scream and cheer.

Fan girls.

I changed gear again and slam on the acceleration again causing me to speed off, it was reckless driving but it would get me out of that mess.

Driving home turned to be worse as media started following me and almost causing car accidents, they would drive in the wrong lane to record me or try to over take me and nearly got my car to hit a wall or crash multiple times too.

Fucking media.

I took a sharp turn which the media freaked out at and missed the turn so I quickly turned into my garage, the doors quickly opened as it recognised my car then closed as soon as I entered it.

Finally, that's over.

I returned to my house by the lift and inserted the sim card in my phone then set it up, it took awhile but it worked and was soon flooded by née texts by my parents once again.

Ah, how I didn't miss that.