21

The meeting started and I stood beside Marc who Khonshu used to speak through, it was kind of awkward as he had to keep gasping for air each time Khonshu spoke and he turned to look at me as if to say "you do this all the time?" but I never have done that before.

Maybe I'll try it.

"We did not wish to middle in the affairs on man"

Of course not, let people suffer, huh?

My eyes glowed a bright white as Marc eye's did the same as Khonshu went to speak but I decided to be the one to speak over people, I'm tired of being looked don upon and seen as invisible if I do not seem beneficial. 

"If you do not meddle, then Ammit will be released by that man named Arthur Harrow!"

I gasped for air after and Marc turned to look at me in a concerned way whilst Osiris turned his head slightly to look at me and we lock eyes, I was challenging a God that was way older than me and had seen more but I did not care.

The only benefit of Ammit for me was the possibility of my father's scales being balanced on the negative side which I didn't doubt they were for what he had done to me and others, he had caused so much pain and for people to starve to death from firing them.

"That is a large accusation, young-" Osiris spoke.

"My name is Y/N, do not call me young or I'll be the one imprisoning you in stone." I threaten, speaking at a normal volume.

Osiris nodded his head then gestured for Arthur to step forward who seemed to be more than happy to be called upon, I was death glaring him as he stood beside Marc.

I tune out the meeting again until I hear hostility in someone's voice, I turn to see Arthur death glaring Marc who looked out of it and staring blankly at the floor.

I was angry, of course I was.

"Do not trust the word of a shamed god." Arthur spat at Marc.

Oh hell no.

I speed over at a speed I had never travelled before and kick him to the floor and waited until his head was about to hit the floor before grabbing his shirt and hold him barely above the floor, the gods seemed surprised to see my reaction whilst Osiris hesitated to act out of uncertainty of what I was going to do next.

Khonshu was not a shamed god, I don't care what this man saw when working with Khonshu but I knew that he was being melodramatic in hopes of swaying the Ennead.

"Shamed? Do you know what Khonshu has done for me? Sure, he can be a little frustrating but he is not a shamed god. You are a shamed man who is friends with my father who is the only shamed god you know." I spat.

Arthur grinned at my response so I threw him onto the floor which caused it to crack but didn't cause him much harm and I stepped back, my eyes were still glowing but that wasn't my concern as I turned to see my father who seemed to be enjoying this show.

Arthur then stood.

"His servant is unwell." He spoke.

My grip tightens as I form a fist with my hands and turn to stare at Arthur, he ignored my glare as he continued to speak with the Ennead about Marc having another personality.

Marc eventually loses it and goes to swing at Arthur but I grab his arm with a strong grip and stop his arm whilst mid-action causing the gods to have a distrust to him, they were uncertain about how to feel about me and that was clear.

The Ennead concluded in Arthur's favour causing me to be frustrated but I didn't lash out, the last thing we needed was for them to think we were less trustworthy than they already thought.

Marc was about to speak before I dragged him out of the place.

"We're going to visit one of my old friends, I think they might have something that may be of interest." I spoke.

Marc agreed.

-

Bek saw me and walked over with a smile on his face which made me smile too, I stopped walking with Marc when we were close to Bek and he looked me up and down to see me out of business attire for once.

"Y/N, thought you would be matching with me" He joked.

I laughed and pulled him into a hug, we were close in a way but had lost contact when my father found out I was talking to security as he was concerned it would ruin his image or some bullshit.

"I should of. Oh! Meet my friend Rufino Estrada." I smiled.

Bek and Marc shook hands and said hello whilst I noticed Anton behind us doing some sort of sport with the horses or something, I never really cared for all the sports and other weird things that Anton participated in.

Anton was an approved friend from my father as he was doing well finically meaning that he had too much money like my father, I never asked how or why but he seemed to care for me in more than a friendly way.

"He's being looking forward to seeing you." Bek spoke, turning around.

Bek started walking to the fenced off area that they were using for the event, I had no idea what was going on the horses as it looked like they were just running around as the riders tried to stab each other with sticks.

"After what happened last you visited, I'm sure you both have a lot to talk about." Bek talked.

He was referring to Anton being flirtatious and other things to do with romance of sorts whilst I shrugged it off and ignored it which annoyed Anton a little, my father approved him and me possibility dating but I didn't think of him like that.

I don't know what Anton saw in me but it didn't matter, I doubted he would care now.

Marc and I stood by the gate and I explained my brief history with Anton to him which was mostly just me saying that my father introduced us and encouraged us to talk, it made sense to Marc why my father would want us to meet from just a glance at this place.

"Y/N! Come in!" Anton greeted.