10

My eyes quickly return to their bright white glow as I shoved my father off me as I charged towards the woman's corpse to slide on my knees to her, I check for a pulse for my heart to drop into my stomach when I realise there was no pulse.

Knowing the pain she went through would be never be able to put into words and I doubted someone will ever be able to tell me or another person due to how quick her death was, I desperately try to restart her pulse or anything to bring her back until my father grabs me and pulls me to my feet.

"Do not waste your tears on them, they would only ruin the paradise that Ammit seeks to create." My father spoke in a calming manner.

I shove him off me as my eyes only started to glow a brighter white as my father stumbles back then glances to realise how severe this was, due to the lack of control of activating these powers it made me unstable and situations like these would cause me to lash out.

Guards lowered themselves to Arthur's level as they whispered something to him, he nodded and responded back to them and had a short conversation before looking at the situation my father was in.

"Y/N, listen to me." My father demanded.

My fists stayed raised in the air in a defensive manner whilst my eyes locked on him for me to be prepared to react at any slight movement, Arthur placed a hand on me causing me to grab his arm and throw him over my shoulder and his back to land harshly on the ground with a thud.

This caused the guards to restrain me but allowed me to stay standing as Arthur struggled to stand but managed with my father's help, he gave him a quick nod as a thank you before turning to look at the crowd.

Steven had his eyes locked on me in pure confusion and horror of what he just saw, he had known you for a little time but after seeing you being swarmed he knew you were never short-tempered and often managed to remain calm no matter the situation.

"Kneel!" Arthur shouted in Ancient Egyptian.

Everyone but Steven kneeled.

"Oh bollocks-" Steven muttered.

Steven then quickly kneeled with everyone else but it was too late but the guards had loosened their grip on me slightly which allowed me to break free at a moments notice, I knew he would find a way to get into trouble somehow.

Arthur then claimed to know him which caused Steven to be confused and look around for a moment before slowing standing and pointing at himself which Arthur rolled his eyes at, the anger at him raised for a moment when he did that.

"Mercenary." Arthur spat.

Huh-what no.

Neither Marc or Steven would do that as he served in the military, I knew he lost it and became unemployed but I doubted he would take up a job like that.

Everyone stood up to stare at him in both disgust and confusion with a mix of other negative emotions directed towards him, even if Marc had become a mercenary it wasn't Steven's fault.

They aren't going to hurt Steven. 

Whilst Steven tries to defend and explain himself he locked eyes with me to see my eyes started to glow a bright white again but it only kept growing a brighter colour as it was fuelled by my rage, this was going to drain all my energy out of me but at this moment that didn't matter to me.

What mattered was keeping Steven safe.

"You will give him nothing."

And with that I leapt out of the guards now weakened restraint and darted towards Steven and slid to pick him up by the legs which caused him to scream out of the sudden movement as I moved at the speed of light it seemed, I started running for Steven's eyes to roll to the back of his head meaning that Marc was going to take control.

Someone rushes out of their store and manages to trip me over causing me to drop Marc and fall to the floor only to sweep myself back up, people ran towards us in hopes of grabbing that scarab they were talking about.

"Y/N, this isn't going to be pretty." Marc warns.

I turn to look at him and he seems surprised to see my eyes glowing very bright white but that didn't matter soon enough as people swarming towards us, my father remained stood on the stage with a disappointed and angered expression plastered on it.

If I returned to him, I would be as good as dead.

Marc stood up and started to fight with some of the villagers charging towards him, throwing his hands everywhere as I went to intervene two people grabbed me by the shoulder and dragged me back.

If another fucking person touches me.

I quickly swung my body over them so that they went flying and let go of my arms as I quickly run towards Marc to drop kick a villager and punch them in the face a few times which caught Marc by surprise, he clearly didn't expect me to become some violent as my hand soon had blood on it so he dragged me off them for me to knock another person out.

Marc was losing control again causing his eyes to roll to the back of his head whilst another person charged towards him so I punched them to the ground then knelt to their level, punching them harsher with each punch until someone suddenly dragged me off them.

"Y/N- oh no what happened-" Steven spoke in a shaky breath.

I stood and turned to look at him for him to jump slightly at my glowing eyes and point to his eye to tell me which I smiled at as I already knew so I nodded, he nodded back whilst there was a look of concern growing so I turn to see Arthur and the villagers making their way towards us.

Steven tried to run but there was villagers behind us too so he quickly scurried to the gap that was left by the villagers and Arthur, I grabbed him and pulled him into the cupcake van before jumping in through a open window.

Steven gave me a confused and scared look as he changed his glance from me to the steering wheel a few times before I started the engine for him, I applied pressure to his leg so he stomped on the accelerator before quickly turning the wheel so we were out of the village.