1

I woke up in my bed and let out a deep sigh, my memories seem go haunt me after Marc and I have officially lost contact and he told me to stay away.

Tears started to spill from my eyes but quickly wiped them away and threw the covers on my bed off my body to shift off the bed and stand, my apartment was in one of the wealthier ends of London due to my parents employing me under their company as preparation for when I took over but I decided to take another job too.

This job seemed to follow my interests more as it involved a lot of history but most importantly Ancient Eypt, the skeleton of the bird I stood on was similar to the skull of a bird that Khonshu.

My phone suddenly started buzzing and playing a ringtone cuasing me to pick it up from its wireless charger, I glance down at the phone to see it was my mother calling and I hesitate for a moment before answering.

"Are you still going to that interview?"

I couldn't nod or give an inaudible answer so I sigh but that seemed to answer her question.

"We talked about this darling, you don't need this job and it would only distract you from higher priorities."

My mother had always thought this company would last forever but I highly doubted it and had noticed the profit starting to decrease, I had suggested changes to increase survival for the company but my father disregarded them and said it was just childish bladdering.

Sometimes, I wish we had just stayed in Eypt.

"That company is hardly stable at the moment, you know this yet chose to turn a blind eye and allow father to further damage it's profitability so pardon me for considering other career opportunities." I spat.

My mother would surely be raging after hearing that so I hung up on her and turned my phone to airplane mode, I hated my parents and how pushy they were and sat on my bed with my hands on my head as I took deep breaths.

Ever since the drowning incident with Roro, I have blamed myself and took ever small mistake as a bigger deal than it was which was my biggest downfall.

Though ofcourse, these small mistakes were still huge mistakes to me so it was hard for me to tell when I was often over reacting.

Marc leaving me behind didn't help neither after helping him move out and so many other things, my parents had warned me that he may of been using me and I guess they were right.

Tears were now streaming down my face as I clenched my fists to then stand and punch my wall before dropping to my knees to sob, it was difficult for me to resist messaging or calling Marc due to the fact I had caught feelings for him.

Everything in my life always had to go wrong though, of course it did or how else would the world get a laugh?

I wipe my tears away and walk towards the dressing rook to change into a formal suit and tie, it was an off-white as I always wore.

-

I stepped out the door and took my phone off airplane mode for it to instantly star ringing again, I didn't even check before answering the call and put in my air pods.

"What gives you the right to hang up on your mother? I provide you a house over your head, a job and brought you into this world so what makes you-" she screams at me in Arabic.

Oh for fucks sake, really.

"I didn't ask for the job you gave me, I didn't ask you to provide me a house and when I went to buy my own you told the lawyer that I changed my mind and blackmailed them and me. I'm going through enough grief, all I ask is for some space. Please." I snap back in Arabic.

People turn their heads to look at me in confusion as I speak another language that wasn't English, it confused them but I knew so many languages at this point that I was used to the odd stares.

I used to be congratulated and praised for knowing how to speak in more than one language as a child but now it was stares, stares that often felt hostile or curious to what I was saying but I had learnt to igorne them now.

"Don't you dare talk to your mother that way, young-" My mother snaps back in Arabic.

"I'm about to be interviewed, talk to you later ma!" I lied in Arabic.

I hung up before she could respond and stepped onto the bus and paid before standing up due to there being no seats, my phone started buzzing to no surprise but I played music to try and tune it out despite all the confused and annoyed looks on the bus.

I didn't know if this location had parking so I thought thst public transport would be better but I was clearly wrong, I hated public transport due to how crowded it became and often felt cramped and overwhelming with the amount of people fighting for space or a seat.

Soon, I arrived at my stop and I quickly stepped off at the same time as someone who looked like Marc causing me to pause and lock eyes with them for a moment.

My eyes looked to their name tag which revealed that their name was Steven but I was more than certain it was him, I shook my head and walked towards work by regarding the thought as I should still avoid him as he wanted distance anyways.

Why bother someone that your parents were right about anyways?