𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎: 𝙲𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚃-𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚜

"THE DEVIL HAS COME TO AMERICA." Eddie reads out in a deep voice. "Dungeons and dragons, at first regarded as a harmless game of make-believe, now has both parents and psychologists concerned. Studies linked violent behaviour to the game, saying it promotes satanic worship, ritual sacrifice, sodomy, suicide, and even..." Eddie slams the newspaper on the table. "Murder." The hellfire club chuckled at the boys actions.

"Shit, he seems really revved up today." Dustin says from where he and Mike were standing.

"Hes always revved up." Mike tells him. "We'll just act casual."

"Casual." Dustin nods his head.

"Casual." Mike repeats and the two make their way to the table where the hellfire club sat, both panicking.

"Society has to blame something." One of Eddies friends spoke. "We're an easy target."

"Exactly." Eddie agrees. "We're the freaks because we like to play a fantasy game."

Elena walked past the table, smiling at Dustin and Mike before sitting at the empty table next to them, watching as Eddie jumped up onto the table.

"But as long as you're into band." Eddie says. "Or science, or parties, or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets." Elena did like Eddie but she couldn't help but feel secondhand embarrassment sometimes from his loud public displays.

"You want something, freak?" Jason asks and Eddie holds his finger to his head and sticks his tongue out, Eddie grinning in response. "Prick."

"Jason, your arm!" A member of the basketball team shouts and the entire cafeteria looks to the boy arm which was lit on fire and the basketball team rushed him to the nurses office. Eddie glanced at Elena who wiped her nose as blood was trickling down it, and Mike and Dustin shared a concerned look.

"Thats whats..." He jumped next to people walking past, scaring them. "Killing the kids! Thats the real monster."

"So, uh, speaking of monsters, uh, Elena wanted to, like, sit in and watch dungeons and dragons but she can't play and yet she understands the game, it doesn't make sense to me. She hates basketball and when I told her about tonight she wanted to watch and now here I am asking you." Dustin says.

"Yeah, sure." Eddie nods his head. "Get her to sit here then."

"Lena!" Dustin shouts and Elenas head snaps up and Dustin motions for her to come over which she does and sits next to Mike.

"What do you want?" Elena asks.

"Eddie said you could watch the dungeons and dragons campaign." Mike tells her and she makes an 'o' shape with her mouth before turning to Eddie.

"Thank you." Elena nods her head.

"How come you wouldn't want to play instead?" Eddie rests his hand on his palm.

"I've tried but I always rage and flip the board over when it doesn't go my way so they banned me from playing incase I break a demogorgan or something." Elena shrugs, taking a bite of the second half of her chicken sandwich.

"YOU BROKE ONE!" Mike yells. "You snapped the head off the demogorgan."

"Demogorgans are creepy as shit, Wheeler, I did you a favour." She gives him a sarcastic smile. "But, seriously, if I go do I get a shirt?"

"Yeah." Eddie nods.

"Cool." Elena grins. "The shirts are badass."

"Yeah, badass, right." Dustin nods. "Also, uh, Lucas has his ball in laundry baskets game. So he's not gonna be able to make it to Hellfire tonight. And I know there's no way we can beat your sadistic campaign without him. So, me and Mike, we were talking, shooting the shit." Elena gives him a weird look and shakes her head with a sigh. "And we were thinking that maybe we might..."