𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚠𝚘: 𝙽𝚘𝚗-𝙻𝚒𝚣𝚊𝚛𝚍

THE HARRINGTON SIBLINGS ARRIVE AT THE WHEELERS HOUSE AND the two get out the car and start to walk towards the house.

"Here's the flowers you got for her." Elena hands Steve the bouquet of red roses he got as an apology for Nancy.

"Listen, I've been thinking. I love you. I'm sorry." Steve mumbles to himself. "I'm sorry? What the hell am I sorry for?"

"Its gonna go fine, Steve." Elena reassures, patting his shoulder.

"Steve and rando girl." A voice says and the siblings turn to face a kid with curly hair and a baseball cap on. "Are those for Mr or Mrs Wheeler?"

"No." Steve answers.

"Good." The kid snatches the roses from Steve.

"Hey, what the hell? Hey!" Steve says.

"Nancy isn't home." The kid tells them.

"Where is she?" Elena asks.

"Doesn't matter, stranger." The kid says.

"Who is this kid?" Elena asks Steve.

"Elena thats Dustin, Dustin this is Elena, my sister and she's from the lab." Steve introduces the two.

"Hey." Elena waves.

"Hi." Dustin says, waving back. "Anyway, we have bigger problems than your brothers love life." He walks up to the car and opens the passenger seat. "Do you still have that bat?"

"Bat? What bat?" Steve asks.

"The one with the nails." Dustin answers.

"Why?" Steve asks.

"I'll explain on the way." Dustin answers.

"You're in the back." Elena tells him and he sighs and gets in the back. "You didn't tell me you have a bat with nails."

"Yeah, well, it slipped my mind, okay?" Steve says and the siblings get in the car.

~~~

HAMMER TO FALL BY QUEEN WAS PLAYING ON THE radio of Steves car as Dustin was explaining to the two what happened but Elena wasn't really paying attention and was instead imagining Roger Taylor playing the drums to Hammer to fall.

"Wait a sec, how big?" Steve asks.

"Title of your sex tape." Elena says, laughing.

"First it was like that." Dustin puts his hands close together, ignoring Elenas comment. "Now he's like this." Dustin moves his hands further away from each other.

"I swear to god, man, if its just some little lizard, okay?" Steve says.

"Its not a lizard." Dustin tells him.

"How do you know?" Elena asks.

"How do I know if its not?" Dustin asks.

"How do you know its not a lizard?" Steve asks.

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat." Dustin answers and the two siblings share a look.

"I think that proves its not a lizard." Elena mumbles.

"Yeah." Steve agrees and they arrive at Dustins house.

They go to the trunk of Steves car and he tosses his car keys to Dustin, who catches them, and gets his bat out.

Elena was walking next to Steve, the older teens infront of the younger boy, as they walked towards the doors Dustin claimed he kicked the non-lizard in.

"I don't hear shit." Steve says.

"Hes in there." Dustin says and Elena takes the bat from Steve and hits the lock on the doors before giving him his bat back. She opens the door and shines the torch down the steps, no creature in sight.

"All right, listen, kid." Elena turns to face Dustin, shining the torch in his face. "If this is some stupid prank for like brownie points or something I will light you on fire."

"Its not." Dustin says.

"All right?" Steve asks.

"Its not a prank." Dustin says. "Get it out of my face."

"Sorry." Elena moves the light from the torch from Dustins face to the steps again.

"He must be further down there." Dustin suggests. "I'll stay up here in case he tries to escape."

Elena went down the stairs first, despite Steve insisting he went down first, and the pair saw some shedded skin, like what you would get from a snake.

Steve picks it up with his bat and Elena cringed at the sight and turned to the wall.

"Uh, Steve, you may want to see this." Elena says and the siblings take a step closer to the wall with a massive hole in it.

"Steve? Elena?" Dustin calls. "Guys, whats going on down there?" The two siblings come into where Dustin could see them, frightening the younger boy.

"Get down here." Steve says and Dustin goes down the steps.

"Oh, shit." Dustin says when he sees the skin but then he notices the hole that the non-lizard could have made to escape. "Oh, shit!"

The three took a step closer to it and it was like some tunnel the thing could have made.

"Yeah, its definitely not a lizard." Elena says. "Sorry we didn't believe you, kid."

•♡_________________________________♡•

WORD COUNT

786