𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚂𝚞𝚌𝚔

ROBIN AND ELENA WERE IN THE BACK OF SCOOPS Ahoy, eavesdropping on Steves terrible flirting with the customers.

"Alrighty, one scoop of chocolate." Steve says. "Thats a buck twenty-five." Steve gives the girl her ice cream. "Anything else?" She hands Steve her money and he looks at her shirt that says purdue on it. "Ooh, Purdue. Fancy."

"Yeah, I'm excited." The girl gives Steve the money.

"Yeah, you know, I considered it, Purdue, but then I was like, you know what? I really think I need some real life experience, you know, before I hit college, see what it feels like." Steve says. "Kinda like, uh, I don't know, see what it's like to earn a working man's wage, you know? Uh..." The register started beeping and the two girls were staring at him blankly. "I'm sorry. I thinks that's, like, really important."

"Yeah, totally." The girl says, wanting him to shut up and stop embarrassing himself further.

"Yeah, anyways, this was, like, so fun." Steve laughs. "We should like, you know, I don't know, maybe hang out this weekend or-" He gives her the change but the coins fall from his hand a clatter against the counter. "Oh, sorry about that. I don't know. Maybe next weekend or-"

"Yeah, I'm busy." The girl tells him and her friend gives Steve a fake smile while nodding.

"Oh, that's cool." Steve says. "I'm here next weekend, so... the following weekends better for me."

"No, I'm sorry, I can't." The girl says and laughs with her friend before the pair walk off.

As soon as they leave Steve lets out a long sigh of disappointment.

"And another one bites the dust." Robin says, showing Steve the board that says 'YOU RULE' and 'YOU SUCK' on it with tallys underneath them. "You are oh-for-six, Popeye." Robin gives Elena the pen and Elena draws a line on the board under the 'YOU SUCK' column.

"Yeah, yeah, I can count." Steve leans against the counter, his arms folded.

"You know that means you suck." Elena tells him.

"Yep." Steve says. "I can read too."

"Since when?" Robin teases, smirking at him.

"Its this stupid hat." Steve says. "I am telling you, it is totally blowing my best feature."

"Yeah, company policy is a real drag." Robin agrees.

"Agreed." Elena nods her head. "They gave me a new hat, its depressing."

"You know, its a crazy idea, but have you considered telling the truth?" Robin suggests.

"Oh, you mean, that I couldn't even get into Tech and my douchebag dads trying to teach me a lesson, I make three bucks an hour and I have no future." Steve says. "That truth?"

"Hey, twelve o'clock." Elena motions towards a group of girls entering the ice cream parlour.

"Oh shit. Oh shit." Steve says. "Okay, uh, I'm going in. Okay? And you know what?" Steve takes off his hat and throws it into the back. "Screw company policy."

"Oh my god, you're a whole new man." Robin says sarcastically and Elena laughs, hiding it with a cough.

"Right?" Steve does some weird little thing as he turns to the customers. "Ahoy, ladies! I didn't see you there. Would you guys like to set sail on this ocean of flavour with me? I'll be your captain. I'm Steve Harrington. Can I get you guys a little taste of the Cherries Jubilee? No? Anybody? Banana boat? Four people, four spoons? Share it in the boot? Anybody? Its hot out there."

"Care to do the honours, Miss Buckley?" Elena hands Robin the marker, putting on an over the top posh accent.

"Why thank you, Miss Harrington." Robin grins and puts down the extra mark under the 'YOU SUCK' column.

After the girls left Elena saw Eddie walk into the ice cream parlour and she quickly turned to Robin.

"Do I look okay?" Elena asks, patting down her sailors shirt.

"You look hot, he'll have his jaw on the floor." Robin answers, eyeing Elena up and down.

"Thank you, Robin." Elena grins. "You're amazing, you know that?"

"Of course I do." Robin answers.

"Is your sister here?" Eddie asks.

"Shes in the back." Steve answers. "What would you like?"

"For your sister to serve me." Eddie answers in a duh tone.

"You heard the guy, I'll serve him." Elena says, stepping out from the back. "Plus I think you need to take a minute and learn how to flirt, Stevie."

"Whatever." Steve rolls his eyes and goes into the back with Robin, the pair watching Eddie and Elena flirt and Elena blushing violently red.

"You taking notes, dingus?" Robin asks.

"Don't be stupid, Robin." Steve scoffs but he was in fact taking notes off Eddie the freak Munson so he would finally get a tally under the 'YOU RULE' column of the whiteboard.

~~~

          THE PHONE IN THE BACK OF SCOOPS AHOY STARTED ringing and Elena went over to pick it up.

"Hello, Elena from Scoops Ahoy speaking, how may I help?" Elena says, putting on her phone voice.

"Don't use the phone voice on me, El." Billy says. "I just wanted to tell you to catch a ride with Steve cause I have a date."

"Whos the poor girl?" Elena asks.

"The poor lady." Billy corrects and Elena could tell he was smirking.

"Whos the poor lady?" Elena asks.

"Karen Wheeler." Billy answers.

"No way." Elena gasps.

"Yes way." Billy says. "I'm helping her with her breast stroke tonight, if you know what I mean."

"I know what you mean and I wish I didn't." Elena fake gags.

"Anyway, gotta go." Billy hangs up the phone and Elena puts the phone down, feeling sick in her stomach, poor Karen.

•♡_________________________________♡•

WORD COUNT

954