𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎: 𝙸𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊 𝙵𝚕𝚢𝚎𝚛

"WE'VE GOT OUR FIRST SENTENCE." Robin tells Elena.

"Really?" Elena asks.

"Yeah." Robin answers. "The weeks is long."

"Thats great!" Elena smiles. "We're getting closer to know what them evil Russians are up to. Also, never use a Russian accent again you sounded like a Nazi."

"Thanks for the tip." Robin says, closing the door and Elena turns back to Max and Eleven.

"Okay, here you go, my favourite children, you got strawberry and then vanilla with sprinkles, extra whipped cream." Elena hands them their ice cream. "What are you girls doing here?"

"Mikes lying to El." Max answers.

"Really?" Elena asks, her mouth opening in shock.

"Yes." Eleven answers.

"I would dump his ass if I were you." Elena says.

"Thats what Max said." Eleven says.

"Also, I like the new outfit, El." Elena compliments. "It suits you." Then Steve came out the back to swap turns with Elena, eyeing the two younger girls confused.

"Wait a second." Steve says. "Are you even allowed to be here?" Eleven and Max just look at each other, giggling, before running off.

"Have fun, Stevie." Elena pats his back and goes to where Robin and Dustin were currently working on the translation.

~~~

          BY THE END OF THE DAY THE GROUP HAD translated some of the Russian communication, mainly with Robins help and one or two words were translated by Elena.

"The week is long, the silver cat feeds, when blue meets yellow in the west." The group read off the whiteboard and they all share confused looks before closing up the parlour.

"I mean, it just... it just can't be right." Steve says.

"Its right." Robin tells him.

"Honestly, I think its great news." Dustin says.

"How is this great news?" Steve asks. "I mean, so much for being American heroes. Its total nonsense."

"Its not nonsense." Elena tells him.

"Yeah." Dustin agrees. "Its too specific. Its obviously a code."

"What do you mean a code?" Steve asks.

"Like a super secret spy code." Dustin answers.

"Thats a total stretch." Steve says.

"I don't know, is it?" Robin asks.

"You're buying into this?" Steve asks.

"Listen, just for kicks, let's entertain the possibility that it is a secret Russian transmission." Robin says. "What'd you think they were gonna say, fire the warhead at noon?"

"Exactly." Elena says.

"And our translation is correct." Robin says. "I know that for sure, so... the silver cat feeds. Why would anyone talk like that?"

"Unless they're trying to mask the meaning for their message." Elena adds and Robin nods her head.

"Exactly." Dustin says.

"And why would anyone mask the true meaning of their message unless the message was somehow sensitive?" Robin asks.

"Exactly." Dustin says.

"So I guess that confirms your suspicion." Robin says.

"Evil Russians." Dustin says.

"I can't believe I'm about to agree with this strange child, but, yeah, totally evil Russians." Robin says.

"So how do we crack this code?" Elena asks.

"Well, I guess we translate the rest and hopefully a pattern emerges." Robin answers.

"A pattern. Right, like maybe silver cat is a meeting place?" Dustin suggests.

"Or a person." Robin says.

"Or a chemical weapon." Elena says.

"Its probably gonna take a super genius to crack it, but..." Robin stops talking and looks for the male who would have probably said something by now.

"Wait, wheres Steve?" Elena asks and Robin shrugs. They turn back to see Steve rummaging through his pockets and standing next to the Indiana Flyer.

"Hey, Steve." Robin says and Steve looks through his coins even though a few fall on the ground. "What are you doing?"

"Uh, its a quarter. I need- Do you have a quarter?" Steve asks.

"Sure you're tall enough for that ride?" Robin jokes as they rush over to him.

"Quarter!" Steve shouts and Elena throws him one and he catches it and puts it in the rife meant for toddlers.

"You need help getting up, little Stevie?" Elena asks and Steve shushes her like he always does.

"Would you three just shut up and listen?" Steve asks and they all listen to the noise of the Indiana Flyer.

"Holy shit." Dustin says. "The music." He takes off his backpack and gets out the tape, pressing play.

"I don't understand." Robin says.

"Its the music from the tape." Elena tells her.

"Maybe they have horses like this in Russia." Robin suggests.

"Indiana Flyer? I don't think so." Steve says. "This code, it didn't come from Russia. It came from here."

"How fantastic." Elena says sarcastically. "Lets invite them out to dinner, get to know them, maybe have a cherry slushie with them."

"A cherry slushie?" Robin asks, chuckling.

"Its the best flavour." Elena tells her.

"Strawberry is." Robin says.

"They both taste the same." Steve says.

"No they don't, idiot." Elena looks at him weirdly.

"Is something wrong with your taste buds, dingus?" Robin asks.

"Yeah, Steve, they don't taste the same." Dustin tells him and Steve sighs, shaking his head.

•♡_________________________________♡•

WORD COUNT

835