𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎: 𝙱𝚘𝚋 𝙽𝚎𝚠𝚋𝚢, 𝚂𝚞𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚘

"WHEN YOU LIT THAT DEMO-DOG ON FIRE WAS PRETTY AWESOME." Max tells the older the girl, the group were following the way the demo-dogs went and the two girls were behind them, Max still holding onto the older teens hand tightly. "It was like that character from the Fantastic Four comic, Human torch."

"Are you calling me Johnny Storm?" Elena asks.

"Yeah." Max answers.

"Cool." Elena hums.

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asks.

"Yes." Dustin answers. "He had the same exact yellow pattern in his but."

"So you're saying that you voluntarily looked at that things but?" Elena cringes.

"No, I saw this spot of yellow and realised it was his but, okay?" Dustin says, his voice raising slightly.

"No need to get cranky over it, Henderson." Elena rolls her eyes.

"He was tiny two days ago." Max says.

"Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin tells her.

"Malted?" Steve asks.

"Molted." Dustin corrects.

"Malted is basically stuff mixed with malt or malt extract." Elena explains to Steve, earning a baffled look from him.

"You've been a lab your entire life and somehow you know more than me." Steve mumbles.

"I just pay attention in my classes." Elena tells him. "You could do the same, dingus."

"And molted is what Dart did to shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." Dustin also explains to Steve.

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max asks.

"Its gotta be soon." Dustin answers. "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve says.

"Yeah." Elena agrees. "He could eat a bear."

"A bear, seriously?" Max asks.

"First thing bigger than a cat that came to mind." Elena shrugs.

"Wait, a cat?" Lucas asks, making the group stop walking. "Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what? No." Dustin lies.

"What are you talking about?" Steve asks.

"He ate Mews." Elena reminds him.

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asks.

"Its Dustins cat." Steve answers.

"Guys!" Dustin shouts.

"I knew it!" Lucas shouts. "You kept him!"

"No!" Dustin lies and Lucas gives him a look. "No. No, I... no, I... He missed me. He wanted to come home."

"Bullshit." Lucas says.

"I think he missed the cat more." Elena says, earning a glare of Dustin.

"I didn't know he was a baby demogorgan, okay?" Dustin defends himself.

"Oh, so now you admit it?" Lucas asks.

"Guys, who cares?" Max asks. "We have to go."

"I care!" Lucas answers and the two girls look at each other and share an eyeroll. "You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!"

"So did you!" Dustin argues.

"What?" Lucas answers.

"You told a stranger the truth." Dustin points his torch in Max's face.