𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚘𝚍𝚢

ELENA WAS SITTING BEHIND THE COUNTER, BLOWING BUBBLES WITH her bubblegum as she let boredom consume her.

"Then Vickie laughed." Robin told the two as she stacked up videos on the shelves. "And it wasn't like a cheap, fake laugh either. It was like... it was a real, genuine laugh.

"Of course. Its my muppet joke. Its hilarious." Steve says.

"My point is that Vickie laughed and everything was just like... it was perfect." Robin says and a small smile fell onto Elenas features as she heard Robin describe it and she hopped over the counter to join the two.

"But?" Elena asks.

"But I'm having this problem where its like, I should stop talking." Robin answers. "I have said everything I need to say. But then I guess I get nervous and the words keep spilling out, and its like my brain is moving faster than my mouth, or rather my mouth is moving faster than my brain. I'm digging this hole for myself, and I want to stop digging, I'm trying to stop, but I can't. And I'm doing it right now, aren't I?"

"Yeah." Elena and Steve answer.

"I'm hopeless." Robin sighs and leans against a poster, Steve and Elena copying the girls actions.

"We all are." Steve says.

"If only we could just, like, combine." Robin says.

"Combine?" Steve turns to face Robin, confused.

"No, think about it." Robin tells them. "I know exactly what I want and I've found the girl of my dreams, human torch has found the guy that makes her cheeks heat up whenever she lays eyes on him but we just can't get the courage to ask them out."

"Meanwhile, you go on a million dates." Elena adds. "And you have no idea what you want." Steve hums and nods his head.

"So if we just combined, all our problems would be solved." Robin continues. "Because, I mean, alone, let's face it."

"We totally suck." Steve says.

"Totally and utterly." Elena says.

"I think I've found our morning movie." Robin gasps and grabs a video. "Doctor Zhivago."

"You know I don't do double VHS." Steve sighs.

"But its about doomed love." Elena gives her brother puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, we can watch it." Steve rolls his eyes and Elena and Robin high five.

"Also, Julie Christie is b-b-bonkers hot in this." Robin tells them. "Like, seriously, the most beautiful creature I have ever seen in my life." Elena turns the TV on but the news catches her eye.

"We're in the Forest Hills trailer park in East Roane County." The reporter lady speaks. "We don't have a lot of details now, but we can confirm that the body of a Hawkins High student was discovered early this morning. Police have not released the name."

"Holy shit." Steve says.

"Although we are told that they're currently in the process of notifying the family." The reporter continues.

Dustin and Max then barge through the doors.

"Hey, Steve." Dustin says, panicked.

"You seen this?" Elena motions towards the news.

"How many phones do you have?" Dustin asks.

"Someone was murdered." Steve tells them in disbelief at them not battering an eyelash at it.

"How many phones do you have?" Dustin asks.

"Two." Elena answers.

"Why?" Steve asks.