𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚜

THE ORPHANAGE HELD ONE SINGLE CHILD IN IT. And she wasn't even a child, she was teenager who was two years away from graduating high school.

Elena, better known as Four, was sat in the empty room in the lab that was meant to be inviting in couples who wanted kids but they never wanted her, she was too old for them.

So there she was on a single bed, twisting her outgrown hair in-between her fingers, humming a song from the 50s that an old guard used to sing to her so she could fall asleep at night.

The door opening caused the girls head to look up and she spotted a somewhat old woman with her hair pulled back into a ponytail. Her hair was brown with a few grey hairs here and there. She had on a blouse that was tucked into her trousers. A man was with her but he didn't seem bothered in the child, it looked like he was forced to be there.

"Hey, sweetie, I'm Linda." The woman, Linda, says, smiling at her.

"I'm Elena." Elena simply says, not much emotion in her voice.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come home with us. We have a son who's around your age." Linda tells her but the man was looking around the room, his nose crinkling in disgust.

"Me?" Elena asks.

"Yes, you." The man scoffs. "Jesus, Linda, we don't need a second child we already have a son."

"Derek, sweetie, please shut up." Linda says to him. "Do you want to go home with us?"

"Yes." Elena answers.

"Steve is gonna be so happy, he's always wanted a sister." Linda grins enthusiastically. "Do you have a bag of your stuff?"

"Yes." Elena says and grabs a bag that only had a teddy bear inside it and a few pairs of clothing the lab gave her.

~~~

THE HARRINGTON HOUSE WAS HUGE. Elena thought it was like something out of the movies she heard workers at the lab talking about.

The man, Derek, had went to one of his colleagues to go to the airport with him on the way there for a business trip.

"Steve!" Linda shouts for her son and soon enough a tall boy with big hair came walking down the stairs. "This is Elena, she's gonna be staying with us."

"Hey, Lena." Steve grins at her.

"Lena?" Elena furrows her eyebrows.

"Its a nickname." Steve tells her and Elena nods her head.

"Well you crazy kids can get to know each other better while I make us tea." Linda claps her hands together and walks into the kitchen.

"So where are you from?" Steve asks.

"Lab." Elena answers.

"The lab? Do you know Eleven?" Steve asks.

"Yes, I know Eleven." Elena answers. "Is she here?"

"No." Steve answers. "So you have superpowers, thats cool. Can you shoot webs, climb up walls?"

"Thats stupid." Elena says.

"I'm so getting you comic books so you can catch up on the amazing thing the world has to offer." Steve says, slinging an arm over her shoulder.

First, her gave her a dictionary and then gave her the break down of the lingo that was used. Secondly, he gave her a bunch of comics and taught her how to read them and what order they went in. Thirdly, the two bonded quite quickly and when they had tea the three of the four Harringtons easily made conversation. Lastly, Linda gave Elena some of her old clothes from when she was in school so Elena was living off them for the time being.

•♡_________________________________♡•

WORD COUNT

604