𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚑

ELENA WAS LEANT AGAINST THE COUNTER, HER ARMS FOLDED across her chest as she watched Dustin take out all the food and shelving from the fridge.

"All right." Dustin says, out of breath. "It should fit now."

"Is this really necessary?" Steve asks, craddling a demo-dog in his arms.

"Yes it is." Dustin answers. "This is a ground breaking scientific discovery. We can't just bury it like some common mammal, okay? Its not a dog."

"All right, all right, all right. But you're explaining this to Mrs. Byers, all right?" Steve tries to put the demo-dog in the fridge, only to fail in doing so.

"Stop, I'll do it." Elena rolls her eyes, standing up and Steve drops the demo-dog and gets ready to close the fridge door. Elena teleports the demo-dog into the fridge and Steve slams the door shut.

"You couldn't have just done that earlier?" Dustin raises his voice.

"It was funny to watch." Elena tells him.

"Mike, would you just stop already?" Lucas asks Mike who's been pacing back and forth since Eleven left.

"You weren't in there, okay, Lucas?" Mike says. "That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs."

"Demo-dogs." Dustin corrects.

"The chief will take care of her." Lucas tells him.

"Like she needs protection." Max mumbles.

"Listen, dude, a coach calls a play in a game, bottom line, you execute it." Steve explains. "All right?"

"Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game." Mike tells him. "And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench."

"Why are we talking about sports?" Elena asks. "To my knowledge Steve is the only one of us who actually plays sports."

"So my point is..." Steve stammers over his words. "Right, yeah, we're on the bench, so, uh, there's nothing we can do."

"Thats not entirely true." Dustin says. "I mean, these demo-dogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away."

"You see, Steve." Elena turns to her brother, a grin on her face. "A hive mind is-"

"I know what it is." Steve scoffs.

"Just checking." Elena shrugs.

"If we get their attention..." Lucas says.

"Maybe we can draw them away from the lab." Max continues.

"And clear a path to the gate." Mike adds.

"Yeah and then we all die." Steve says.

"Thats one point of view." Dustin says.

"No, that's not a point of view, man." Steve tells him. "Thats a fact."

"Dude, I can heal remember?" Elena reminds him. "One of us gets injured and I heal them and we're fine as long as they don't tell the adults."

"Yeah, okay." The children agree.

"I got it." Mike says, walking towards a massive blue circle drawing with he group following him.

"This is where the chief dug his hole." Mike points to it. "This is our way into the tunnel. So.." Mike walks off again, the group then following him. "Here, right here." He points to another spot. "This is like a hub. So you got all the tunnels feeding in here."

"So if I set this on fire..." Elena says but gets cut off.

"Oh, yeah, thats a no." Steve points his finger down like a mum.