CHAPTER 04

Ch.4 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

[System: Five Elements Lack Wood has invited you to a duo queue.]

Shao Han was well aware that Five Elements Lack Wood was Yao Sen’s side account, and for some time, he was thrown into a dilemma. He thought it was only a coincidence that he happened to come across Yao Sen’s invite. Little did he know that a certain someone who’s name was made up of two characters did it on purpose.

In front of the camera and his massively popular livestream room, Shao Han couldn’t say anything except, “Since someone happened to invite me, I’ll just accept.”

This match only consisted of ten teams. When duo queueing with amateur players, Yao Sen usually wouldn’t discuss any strategies and basically just relied on his gun to get his own kills. What’s more, the one with him right now was Shao Han, and with so many fans watching, Yao Sen thought that it’d be best if he acted like a useless noob[1] in order to showcase Shao Han’s abilities. Otherwise, he’d probably capture everybody’s heads on his own and make Shao Han lose face.

In this way, Yao Sen decided to play dumb in the match.

Carrying a gun, Yao Sen blindly followed behind Shao Han and completely embodied the spirit of a noob who needed to be carried by a big god to rank up. Shao Han looked back at him from time to time, and “What on earth are you doing” was written all over the face that was in front of the camera.

The two men entered a two-storey building and waited for a wave of airdrops to see if there was anything they could pick up. This was an area that players mainly flocked to. Shao Han picked up a silencer, equipped it to his 98k, and asked Yao Sen, “That… Are you keeping an eye on the right?”

Yao Sen conscientiously approached the right window and looked down, seeing several enemies clad in armour and with helmets on their heads sneaking around the building’s surrounding bushes. He raised his gun and fired twice at the crowd, deliberately missing with great sincerity.

Shao Han heard the gunshots and asked him, “Did you hit them?”

Yao Sen sent a quick voice message to say no. Shao Han paused, expression strange, then said, “Okay then… Nevermind.”

[Teammate-san is a bit noob-ish… The enemies were pretty close just now]

[Trash]

[If you suck, can you not cling to my Shao ge’s thigh and drag him down…]

[There’s a lot of stupidly argumentative people today]

[Shao ge didn’t even say anything and now it’s your turn to say your piece?]

[Cut them Shao ge!!!]

[Is this the so-called legendary solo duo queue???]

Amateur players were naturally incomparable to professionals, and Shao Han collected several heads cleanly. Yao Sen had a lot of fun. Prior to this, he was used to carrying other people, but he never expected that the feeling of being carried as a complete noob would be this refreshing.

After picking up backpacks, the two men ran towards the camp and were lucky enough to pick up a good sniper rifle when they were airdropped. Yao Sen’s chin rest and ammo clips were all given to Shao Han, easily taking a mere handgun for himself and nothing else, as if he had taken the initiative to serve as Shao Han’s level 4 meat-shield.