CHAPTER 44

Ch.44 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

“…You’re saying that fan of yours is the captain of NL Club?” Wang Yuxi looked at Yao Sen in astonishment, his voice filled with shock.

Bai Yue was even more shocked. “You’re saying that he let you win in that fan competition?”

“What does this guy think he’s doing?” Song Mingzhe retorted in a rare annoyed tone. He was upset that his idol had been looked down upon. “Pretending to be the boss’s fan and throwing the game? Does the boss need him to do that?”

Bai Yue: “This may not be the case, that Cheng Rui guy might be a Yao Sen fan for real… It’s just—he’s a pro player who joined the fan competition, and also lost on purpose. This… it’s kinda weird.”

Zhou Ziyu couldn’t help voicing his doubts. “Why would he do something like this…”

Everyone in the training room began talking over each other. Yao Sen waved his hand, gesturing for them to leave it and saying, “He probably did it to prevent me from knowing his real skill level.”

Wang Yuxi’s eyes widened. “Damn, there’s no way this guy’s some master dark horse who’s been in hiding for years, right?”

“You think he let me win? Didn’t I not let him let me?” Yao Sen propped his head up. He rapped on the tabletop. “He might have other reasons for doing it, because when I played against him, I also sensed something off… but I couldn’t place what it was.”

Coupled with the abnormal behaviour of the NL youth training team members they’d met back at the Laser Cup in March, Yao Sen grew increasingly baffled. 

Regardless, since the truth would reveal itself in the WCAD anyway, Yao Sen neither got mad nor anxious—what would come, would inevitably come.

Under Yao Sen’s efforts, the members of Noah’s Ark and Titans gradually grew close. They also got used to the Titans captain showing up to their training room every few days, occasionally bringing late-night snacks or milk tea for them, and sometimes just coming over to talk to Shao Han.

In the beginning, Shao Han slightly got embarrassed from the way Yao Sen always brought him his own specially prepared order, and the others often teased him for it, saying that Yao Sen was doting on him.

Eventually, Shao Han stopped caring, accepting everyone’s teasing graciously.

The intensity of their training was at its peak from early April to late May. Normally, the team members would have no other ways to entertain and amuse themselves. They could only rely on friendly matches to make up for their busy daily training.

Recently, Titans and Noah’s Ark had planned a public friendly match, which would be streamed in each respective team’s livestream platforms.

As their training was already tense and tiresome, there was no way the friendly match would be so serious—not to mention the fact that both Titans and Noah’s Ark members and fans were basically like family now. This friendly match was for entertainment purposes, so that the fans and viewers could have fun and the players could relax and loosen up.

Therefore, Titans and Noah’s Ark decided that for this match, they’d be swapping team members.

The two livestream platforms that most of the team members were signed onto, White Shark Live and Sea King Live, jointly promoted the friendly match, and news of the member swap made the fandoms explode. Everyone was gleefully acting like they’d become each other’s mother and father-in-laws.