CHAPTER 40

Ch.40 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

If Yao Sen were to walk down any ordinary street, the chances of him getting recognised were indeed slim. But presently, in an esports arena packed with seasoned fans, anyone who didn’t recognise Yao Sen was, sorry to say, unworthy of the ticket in their hand.

Yao Sen came on stage. The MC and the team members on the stage were all staring at him with wide eyes and bewildered expressions across their faces. It was as if a legendary immortal who only fought against other immortals had descended out of nowhere.

The audience erupted all at once, imploding with clamorous shouts of the two syllables of Yao Sen’s name. The MC was quite quick to respond, picking up right where he left off. Pleasantly surprised, he joked that the staff who was in charge of randomly selecting the audience member could go buy lottery tickets after they got off work.

The MC handed Yao Sen the mic, clearly expecting him to say a few words. Yao Sen hadn’t anticipated that he’d have to give a speech in addition to taking a picture and receiving a gift. Taking the mic, he briefly congratulated the winning team.

Neither the players nor the audience were particularly interested in what Yao Sen said. Their gazes were all fixed on his body, and the audience was chanting wave upon wave of “God Sen”s. It seemed that Asia’s champion’s appearance in such a minor competition was enough to shock them for the rest of the afternoon.

“Thank you everyone, today’s matches were brilliant. Let’s all give the team members a round of applause,” Yao Sen quickly steered the subject towards the team members on stage. “Come on, let’s all take a picture. Keep up the good work in the future.”

The winning youth team members on the side excitedly stretched out their necks to stare at him, all wanting to get a little closer to Yao Sen. They weren’t satisfied with just a picture and insisted on shaking Yao Sen’s hand.

The audience interaction segment forcibly squandered half a day away. Several youth training team members were all anxiously hoping for a longer glimpse of Yao Sen, their reluctance to leave painted across their features. Yao Sen brought the T-shirt with him as he descended the stage. When he passed the third-place team, he suddenly felt several eyes on him and turned his head to look back.

Third place went to a team that Yao Sen and Shao Han had never heard of before, Team NL. Unexpectedly, when the team members saw that Yao Sen was looking their way, they all averted their gazes nervously and whispered something among themselves. Every now and then, one of them would raise his head to peek at Yao Sen before swiftly turning away again.

Yao Sen didn’t really mind being stared at. Frankly, it would be strange if people didn’t stare, but this was Yao Sen’s first time encountering such covert staring.

It’s not like he wasn’t letting them look, why on earth were they being so secretive about it?

Yao Sen stepped off the stage in confusion and sat back down next to Shao Han.

After the championship ended, Yao Sen was held up by his fans for a while. This time, more people noticed Shao Han’s presence. For more than ten minutes, the two of them chatted with the fans at the entrance.

They only returned to the Yiyou Building after grabbing dinner. When Yao Sen returned to his dorm, the first thing Wang Yuxi said was: “Did you go to Hengshi to watch the competition today?”

Yao Sen hadn’t told anyone about today’s plans. When he heard this, he paused before asking, “How’d you know? Is it on Weibo?”

Wang Yuxi pushed his phone towards him. Yao Sen took it and took a quick look.