CHAPTER 10

Ch.10 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

Having just settled in the Yiyou Building, the members of Noah’s Ark’s were still in the phase of adjusting their states and familiarizing themselves with the new environment. The Yiyou Building’s environment was indeed much better than their previous club. Moreover, Shao Han was extremely moved when the person in charge of their move actually prepared left-handed gaming equipment for him especially.

When Shao Han booted up the game to get ready for training this afternoon, he found that one side of his headphones wasn’t working. He could only pause the game to take the training room’s spare headphones, but since he wasn’t used to the model, it ended up affecting his gameplay with how uncomfortable it was.

Good headphones were naturally not cheap. Shao Han would generally use a pair of headphones for as long as possible. When he asked his teammates, none of them had any extra pairs. He could go out and buy one at the e-sports town tomorrow, but tonight’s training arrangements would then have to be held up.

Shao Han somehow thought of Yao Sen.

In the end, Shao Han still sent a message to Yao Sen, asking him if he had any extra headphones. The latter quickly replied that he did, and that he could go get it now.

When Shao Han got there, the four members of Titans’s main team were in Yao Sen’s dorm room watching a gaming competition broadcast together. Shao Han, who had come to Yao Sen’s room for the first time, somewhat couldn’t help but look around curiously.

There were two beds in the dorm, and the shelves near the one with the blue-gray bed sheets had some of Yao Sen’s personal peripherals and books. Everything was neat and tidy, the sheets without a single wrinkle. In contrast, Wang Yuxi’s bed was a tragic sight to see–various charging cables and snacks piled up on his shelf.

Shao Han couldn’t help saying to Yao Sen, “Your bed is so tidy.”

Wang Yuxi: “It was messy, but when he heard you were coming…”

Yao Sen let out a cough. Wang Yuxi changed his tune amiably and grabbed him by the shoulder. He was beaming with the smile of a professional bullshitter with twenty years of experience under his belt, “No, I mean our boss lives a refined life. Every day he takes daily baths in Icelandic mineral water and drinks ’82 Lafite. Ey, being a male god is so damn sweet.”

Yao Sen: “Lao-Wang, if you want me to snipe you, just say so, no need to beat around the bush.”

Shao Han couldn’t resist raising the corners of his mouth, his whole being carrying a rare softness. He smiled as if there was a light in his eyes, and it illuminated Yao Sen’s heart, causing a scalding hotness to spread.

For the sake of Shao Han’s smile, Yao Sen stopped bickering with Wang Yuxi. Instead, he set aside his pork trotters and stood up to go get headphones for Shao Han. 

Yao Sen pulled open a drawer. “Take your pick.”

There were six or seven different pairs of headphones in the cupboard, and Shao Han was astonished. “Why do you have so many?”

“Some of them are ones I bought, some are from sponsors, some are from brands that sent them to PR. I’ve never used most of them.”