CHAPTER 07

Ch.7 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

Shao Han blanked out. The fork in his hand lightly knocked against the edge of his plate and a hint of distress appeared on his face, which was soon covered up behind lowered lashes.

Seeing that there was no objection, Shen You indifferently set aside the topic, “Why aren’t you participating in the competition?”

Shao Han: “It’s because our team’s substitute player has never played in a competition. We’re letting him play to gain some experience, that’s all.”

“Then there’s also need to substitute you out, is there?” Shen You said. “If you’re not playing, your team’s chances of winning will be much lower.”

“There’s nothing special about me either.”

The two men engaged in idle chatter for a while, the topics entirely superficial. Their table’s atmosphere was somewhat stagnant, and the occasional sound magnified their existing silence.

Shao Han took the lead to finish eating and got up with his plate, “Shen You, I have to go back to oversee the youth training team’s review in the evening. I’ll be going first. Enjoy your meal.”

Shen You nodded, said goodbye to Shao Han, and also collected his cutlery and left. Yao Sen sat at a table away from them, his head propped up, watching Shen You’s retreating back, brows creased lightly.

In the evening, Yao Sen returned to his room and sure enough, Bai Yue and Song Mingzhe had come to visit again. Bai Yue reclined on Yao Sen’s bed, complaining about Old Song’s snoring at night.

Yao Sen: “Bai Yue, why are you on my bed? Have you even showered?”

Bai Yue curled his lips and sat up. “So many demands.”

“Hold on, let me ask you something,” Yao Sen pulled Bai Yue who was about to get up. “Did you and Shao Han train in the same youth team as Shen You before?”

Stunned, Bai Yue paused. “Yeah, how did you know?”

Instead of answering his question, Yao Sen turned to ask, “What do you think of Shen You?”

“He’s easy to get along with, and there’s nothing unusual about him.” Bai Yue inquired, “What’s up with him?”

“Then what about him and Shao Han? Did anything happen between them?”

“This…” Bai Yue recalled for a while. “There’s also nothing… I think they have a pretty good relationship. Anyway, in those days the three of us were often together, but later on, when we were about to separate from the club, they didn’t seem to be that close anymore. But at that time everyone was busy signing with clubs and it was inevitable that they would all be separated from each other in the future.”

Staring at Bai Yue for a while, Yao Sen felt that Bai Yue really didn’t know a thing. After all, to his fans, Bai Yue was a certified straight guy through and through.

On the side, Wang Yuxi piped up, “Yao Sen, why are you always so interested in Noah’s Ark’s vice captain?”

“It’s not easy to run into someone who can compete with my level of attractiveness,” Yao Sen replied readily. “Why can’t I be interested?”

Bai Yue broke off the dialogue between the two, “Tomorrow is the top sixteen finals between our youth team and Blue Fantasy’s, what do you think the final score will be?”

Wang Yuxi: “I’m guessing it’ll be three to zero.”

“It’s not that likely,” Yao Sen said. “Blue Fantasy’s youth training team has recruited a few decent newcomers. I think it’ll be two to one.”