CHAPTER 67

Ch.67 - Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

Yao Sen, seated on the sofa in the players' lounge, turned to Wang Yuxi for a brief moment, wearing a complicated look on his face, before turning away. He couldn't take it any longer and said, "Lao-Wang, stop shaking your legs. You're making my eyes go blurry."

The Titans players were making final preparations in the lounge as the final battle began in forty minutes.

Their earlier journey to the stadium was accompanied by fans waving handbanners to cheer them on, and a ring of reporters following at their heels with cameras to capture every minute expression on Titans' players' faces on the eve of their final match against Odin.

Titans and Odin's logos were plastered on every screen in the main stadium, the black-and-red and navy blue-and-white team logos taking up the LED displays. It was hardly an exaggeration to say that the entire esports community was waiting for this moment with bated breath.

Although the four Titans players had competed in numerous championships, this was their first encounter with such a difficult opponent in the final match. Wang Yuxi, who had been nervous long before the game, couldn't even walk in a straight line and had been taking deep breaths from the moment he entered the lounge.

Wang Yuxi tightened his grip on the water bottle in response to Yao Sen's words, saying, "I'm so damn nervous! Ethan, that Yao... gah! Yao Sen, that Ethan! Geez, I'm so nervous that I got your names mixed up!"

Yao Sen patted his shoulder. "Don't worry, there's still forty minutes left. Calm down."

"You're always yammering away before our games," said Bai Yue to Wang Yuxi. "But nothing ever happens."

Wang Yuxi: "It's different this time! We're going up against Ethan!"

To the side, Song Mingzhe added, "There's nothing to be worried about. Ethan is definitely not as strong as our boss."

Wang Yuxi: "There he goes, Yao Sen's brainless praise-bot."

Manager Guo was conversing with Coach Gou on the other side of the room. He didn't say much to the team; after all, he'd said everything he needed to say, and the rest was up to the boys themselves. Zhou Ziyu, on the other hand, was running around bringing tea and pouring water for his four big bros, pounding their backs and massaging their shoulders, clearly more excited than the four players.

There was a knock on the lounge door then, followed by the quiet entry of a very polite visitor. Shao Han stood at the doorway; Noah had just played a match to determine their competition ranking and he'd rushed over to find Yao Sen as soon as it was over.

Yao Sen checked the time and saw that he still had more than half an hour to loosen up and relax. When facing an opponent like Odin, a sense of urgency was unavoidable, and Titans' second round loss to them weighed heavier than any of their previous matches.

Yao Sen got to his feet and went to the door, wrapping an arm around Shao Han's shoulders and saying, "Baby, come take a walk with me."

The two exited the stadium through the backdoor, where there was a small park. It served as a rest area for some of the audience members who were waiting in line for entry.

They stayed away from the crowds and sat on a bench in the shade.

Shao Han completely understood what Yao Sen was currently feeling. After all, Titans's descent to the losers' bracket was due to their loss to Odin, but regardless of the outcome of the final match, Yao Sen would forever be irreplaceable in his heart.

Shao Han's voice was cool and gentle, infused with unwavering certainty and absolute confidence as he said, "I believe in you."

Yao Sen chuckled. "Mm."