CHAPTER 36

Ch.36 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

Yao Sen stood at his bedroom door, hesitating on whether or not he should enter.

It was 7.30 in the morning, which was a little early to wake up for someone home on vacation. But Yao Sen had been going to bed earlier these days, and in all honesty, the guest room wasn’t as comfortable to sleep in as his own room, so he could basically wake up at a little past 7 a.m. everyday.

And now, he was facing a somewhat serious problem–his shaver was in his bedroom’s en-suite bathroom.

As a handsome guy, although Yao Sen didn’t openly talk about it most of the time, he was actually quite burdened. On top of that, he’d been living with Shao Han recently, Yao Sen naturally paid more attention to his image in front of his boyfriend.

He normally shaved every four of five days, yet he’d forgotten to in the last few days. When he got up that morning, he felt that he needed to shave. But it was only when he had lathered on a good layer of shaving cream that he realized he’d forgotten to grab his razor. As a result, he was now standing in front of his bedroom door with foam all over his chin, pondering whether he ought to go out and buy a new one or push open the door and go in to fetch it.

In the end, Yao Sen gently turned the door handle.

Shao Han didn’t completely close the curtains before he slept, but left a small crack, and the sunshine carved a warm yellow line on the floor. Shao Han lay on his side, breathing shallowly, his soft hair strewn on the pillow. One of his fair arms was stretched out, and his toes were sticking out.

One of his cheeks that were pressed on the pillow bulged slightly, looking like a plump or particularly supple but tough mochi. Yao Sen’s eyes travelled from Shao Han’s toes all the way to his face, thinking to himself that his hunger was probably due to the fact that he hadn’t had breakfast yet.

The soft sunlight shrouded Shao Han in a fuzzy halo. Yao Sen couldn’t help but walk over, bend at the waist, and softly ruffled Shao Han’s hair. A faint smile escaped his lips as he turned around and padded to the bathroom.

Yao Sen found his razor, then walked back to the door with the lightest movement he could imagine from his many years of in game ambushes.

But perhaps because Yao Sen had failed to calculate the gap between his in-game and in-real-life movements, Shao Han stirred, his toes retracting into the covers. Shao Han slightly turned, and his voice carried a hint of a cool weariness from just waking up: “…Yao Sen?”

Yao Sen’s hand stalled on the door, and internally sighed.

Shao Han rolled over to face the door, blank confusion on his face. He rubbed at his eyes. His throat was a little dry from having not drank water all night. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing, I came to grab something.” At first, Yao Sen wanted to turn his head to look, but then he remembered that his chin was currently covered with foam, like Santa Claus’s beard. As his image was not the least bit pretty, without turning around, he answered, “It’s still early, go back to sleep.”

Shao Han vaguely agreed, and his breathing quickly evened up again. When Yao Sen peered back, he was already asleep.

His heart felt indescribably stifled, so he went back to his guest room, shaved in the bathroom, then went downstairs and made Shao Han breakfast.