CHAPTER 12

Ch.12 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

“Lao-Wang, I wanna talk to you about some relationship problems.”

Wang Yuxi, who was getting ready for bed, was struck dumb, then regained his senses in a flash. He ran over to Yao Sen’s side at top speed and asked in high spirits, “You have relationship problems too? What’s the problem? Quick, tell me.”

“How can I tell from someone’s conversation whether the person they’re talking to is their ex?”

“…no, but, how am I supposed to know what they were saying to the other person?”

“Their tone was reluctant, they looked unwilling, and they didn’t want to meet with the other person in private.” Yao Sen stroked his chin, “What do you think?”

“Yao Sen, take my advice, retiring from our line of work to study psychology is not possible,” Wang Yuxi paused, “but from the way you describe it, if it’s the opposite sex, it’s pretty likely that they’re talking to an ex.”

Yao Sen stared at the headboard for a moment, then waved Wang Yuxi away, “All right, there’s nothing else. Go to bed.”

“Hold on, you haven’t made yourself clear, who did you hear talking to who?”

“I heard you talking to Lao-Bai in my dreams.”

Black lines appeared on Wang Yuxi’s face : “I’ll go to your fanclub sisters and out you, shamelessly deceiving Laozi’s feelings like this.”

“Don’t turn your back on Bai Yue, you two have a lot of CP fans.”

“Get lost!”

Their training time flew by that the month on their phone screens quickly gained another digit. The Titans’s main team’s training intensified little by little. Meanwhile, the coach also tasked the four of them to take measures to protect and strengthen their wrists.

Yao Sen also made it a habit to watch Shao Han’s live broadcasts before going to bed. On the off chance that Shao Han didn’t broadcast that day, he would just find a random anchor to watch, which led to him discovering some surprisingly strong amateur players.

During today’s regular training break, Manager Guo came to the training room and called for Yao Sen to come out.

“Two things,” Manager Guo said. “The first is that White Shark Live has come to me again in hopes of signing you and Wang Yuxi. I talked to Wang Yuxi and he agreed, so why don’t you think it over?”

Over the month, Yao Sen had become a lot less prejudiced against e-sports broadcasts. He replied, “If they’ll accept me streaming once every two weeks, then I’ll consider it.”

“That… White Shark will think this is an overlord clause*.”

*unequal contract that greatly benefits one side

“I’m usually unavailable. As our manager you’re aware of my situation—I have to go to bed early and rest early. If they agree to it then I don’t care, the contract fee can just be lowered,” Yao Sen said. “What about the second thing?”

“The second thing is that there’s an e-sports magazine that wants to do an exclusive interview with you next weekend. The photoshoot and interview will probably take about two to three hours, so take some time out of your schedule to go.”