CHAPTER 38

Ch.38 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

On the subway back to the Yiyou Building, Yao Sen recalled what his second aunt’s family had said to him before the New Year and was immediately struck with a headache.

Yao Sen himself had been recruited by the Titans due to his solo ranking on the Asia server. He’d spent some time in the youth training team–though it had only been a week. At that time, Yao Sen told his second aunt that he really didn’t have a hand in this matter, which made his cousin’s family somewhat unhappy.

If he, as a captain, could just let anyone into the youth training team as he pleased, he might let it pass if they were a once-in-a-decade e-sports genius, yet as it happened, his cousin’s skills were only so-so. Who knew what those youth trainees who had been painstakingly training for one or two years in the training centre would think.

His parents told him not to worry, they’d advise him about these things.

Yao Sen returned rather late-ish. The rest of his team members had basically arrived already, and they were each mournfully counting the red packets they received this year in the group chat.

Wang Yuxi: My relatives are so damn stingy. I’m not even married yet but they won’t give me any. They even brought their kids along and they all came wanting one from me.

Bai Yue: I’m lucky, our family gives them out to everyone who isn’t married

Wang Yuxi: I’m not married either, give me one eh

Bai Yue: Come call me Daddy nicely

Wang Yuxi was very principled, but met with this kind of thing, he decisively abandoned his face: “Daddy!”

Bai Yue: Good son. All right then, take this

Bai Yue: [WeChat red packet 66.6]

Wang Yuxi: Thank you daddy! Love ya~

Bai Yue: I take it back. Give that back to me, I refuse to have a sao son like you.

Yao Sen got off the subway. The subway station was around four-to-five hundred metres away from the Yiyou Building. He gave Shao Han a call as he walked, and just as the number was dialed, a figure appeared at the subway exit and walked right up to him.

Yao Sen looked up and saw that the person standing in front of him was his precious boyfriend whom he had slept with and dearly missed. He hadn’t seen him for over twenty days. Now that Shao Han was standing before him, had they not been at the crowded subway station, Yao Sen would’ve drawn him into his arms and kissed him till he was out of breath.

Yao Sen held his phone dumbly, after a moment, he showed a helpless smile and said, “Didn’t I tell you not to pick me up?”

It looked like Shao Han had been waiting for a good while. It was so gusty at the exit that his hands and cheeks were slightly flushed from the wind. He stared at Yao Sen for a bit, not telling him that he couldn’t resist wanting to run out and pick him up. He answered, “…I had nothing to do in the dorm anyway.”

“Look at how red your hands are. C’mere, put it in my pocket. My pocket is nice and warm.”

There was a portable charger in Yao Sen’s coat pocket that he’d just been charging his phone with, so it was indeed sufficiently warm. Yao Sen grabbed Shao Han’s hand and put it in his pocket, and together they went back to the Yiyou Building.