CHAPTER 52

Ch.52 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

Bai Yue successfully underwent surgery in the early hours of the morning, and the remaining four Titans also packed their bags for the next day’s flight.

When it came time for them to leave, Shao Han saw Yao Sen off to the car. They had basically spent time with each other every single day for the past two weeks, so Shao Han felt a little unaccustomed to not being able to see Yao Sen for a couple of days.

Yao Sen kissed Shao Han’s forehead, smiling as he said, “You don’t need to see me off, go back, baby.”

Yao Sen’s three teammates stood nearby, one looking at the sky, one at the ground, and one standing at attention.

Once Shao Han went back, Wang Yuxi rubbed his goosebumps-filled arms and scornfully said, “You two are so corny.”

Yao Sen: “At least I have someone to be corny with.”

Wang Yuxi: “Fucking hell, you should’ve just stowed Shao Han in your suitcase!”

The minivan was parked at the airport’s entrance, and as soon as the Titans members climbed out of the vehicle, they were swarmed by eager and excited fans. While everyone was aware that the fans would send them off at the airport today, the turnout far exceeded their expectations.

After cheering, the fans remained orderly while belting out the support slogan in unison. Many fans gave them small gifts that they could carry on the road, such as cookies decorated with chibi versions of them and lucky charms.

Seeing some of the fans getting so emotional that their eyes reddened, the Titans felt that the six months of hard training had been worth it.

As they couldn’t loiter in the departure lobby for too long, they had no choice but to say their goodbyes to the fans.

To pass the time during the ten-hour trip, Yao sen watched two movies, napped for two hours, and texted Shao Han on his phone. When they stepped off the plane, they were shocked by the number of international fans who had gathered at the airport to meet them. The majority of the fans were of Chinese ethnicity, although there were several foreign fans as well.

Wang Yuxi spotted a cute foreigner sister and wanted to strike up a conversation, but felt that his english skills were limited to “How are you?” “I’m fine thank you, and you”, and could only rely on Yao Sen to swoop into action as the team’s resident academician.

Upon arriving at the hotel, Coach Gou, who had traveled with them, instructed them to go to bed early since they would be familiarizing themselves with the venue the next day.

The hotel they were staying at was in the direct vicinity to the venue, and they saw many teams participating in the competition coming and going. While they waited for the elevator, Wang Yuxi happened to glance at the sofa in the lobby and said in surprise, “Yo, isn’t that Cobra’s No. 3—what’s his name again? Shen You?”

When Yao Sen followed Wang Yuxi’s gaze, Shen You coincidentally looked their way. Their eyes met; the latter paused for a moment before lightly nodding his head in greeting.

Yao Sen narrowed his eyes slightly and raised the corners of his mouth to smile in response. Only after the group entered the elevator did Yao Sen drop his smile.

“Turns out Cobra is also staying here. Say, Yao Sen, what kind of expression was that just now?” Wang Yuxi inquired. “Could it get any more fake?”

Yao Sen inwardly thought that the smile he’d displayed was already adequate; how much more genuine did it have to be? Taking out his phone, he gave Shao Han a call and informed him that they had arrived at the hotel.