CHAPTER 49

Ch.49 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

In early June, Wang Yuxi’s birthday coincided with the university entrance exams. It happened to fall on the first day of exams, so during that time of the year, Wang Yuxi would always jokingly say that the examinees from all over the country were celebrating his birthday.

@Titans_Xi: At this time of year, I always recall the time I spent my birthday in the exam room as a third year high school student. Good luck my beloved examinees! Grandpa Xi wishes you all top marks!

[Happy birthday Xi ge, I hope you grow to 1.8m this year (doge)]

[Mathematics is about to kick my ass in a few hours]

[Here to make a wish to reach all my hopes and dreams!!]

[@Titans_Sen: Happy birthday, I got you insoles. IYKYK]

[@Titans_Yue: Happy birthday, I got you a year’s worth of milk tea coupons. IYKYK]

[@Titans_Zhe: Happy birthday, I got you hair tonic. IYKYK]@Titans_Yi: ???]

[@Titans_Yu: Happy birthday, Xi ge!]

[@Titans_Xi replied to @Titans_Yu: Thank you Ziyu~ Xi ge loves you~]

[hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha look at their fake brotherhood]

[Opened Xi ge’s comments section and mistook those three for ads]

[@NA_Left: Happy birthday]

[@Titans_Xi replied to @NA_Left: Thank you, Shao ge~ I’ll treat you to dinner tonight~]

[Xi ge why aren’t you telling Shao ge you love him]

[Don’t mess around, Xi ge is the captain of the SenZuo ship (doge)]

Although the Titans’s brotherhood appeared extremely fake on the surface, their bond was genuinely strong, and Yao Sen and the others jointly gifted Wang Yuxi the graphics card that he’d been eyeing for forever. Wang Yuxi peppered kisses all over the new card and cheerfully treated his team as well as Noah’s Ark to drinks and karaoke, swearing to not go home until they all got shitfaced.

Since the last time he drank, Shao Han had barely ever gone out for drinks again, and the others in Noah’s Ark also didn’t drink much so as not to make a fool of themselves in front of the Titans. Bai Yue and Zhou Ziyu were both lightweights, Wang Yuxi and Yao Sen could drink a little more than them, whereas Song Mingzhe could drink anyone under the table.

Yao Sen was completely wasted after the third round, and under the influence of alcohol, he began hogging the mic, taking over Wang Yuxi’s queued songs when before he barely sang at all. As it turns out, the songs Wang Yuxi had picked were all bitter love songs, yet whether it was a song about being the rebound after a break up, or breaking up after getting cheated on, Yao Sen didn’t skip a single one. He sang with quite a bit of feeling, which directly led to the very much sober Bai Yue, Zhou Ziyu, and even Lin Lan sizing Shao Han up with subtle gazes. 

Shao Han was so embarrassed under the weight of their stares that he had to pull Yao Sen away from the karaoke machine. The party headed home after midnight. Bai Yue and the others were in charge of helping Wang Yuxi walk, while the others were appointed to watch him and keep him from hugging any trash cans on the side of the road and belting out Gone Too Far.

Yao Sen was held up by Shao Han, barely steady on his feet. However, he couldn’t quite discern their situation, and when he sensed Shao Han next to him, all he wanted to do was gather him close and kiss and hug him, rendering Shao Han a flustered mess, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment.